The Student Room Group

if you have to choose between Surrey or Cranfield?

Hello All,

would you recommend for Postgraduate degree, Surrey or Cranfield !!

for someone interested in manufacturing environment?
Have you visited? What are the pros and cons of each course and how do they weigh up in your mind?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Have you visited? What are the pros and cons of each course and how do they weigh up in your mind?

Do you mean visited the website? yah! but i want to listen from former students or persons who know better
Original post by Shelly81
Do you mean visited the website? yah! but i want to listen from former students or persons who know better

No the actual unis. And the uni may be able to out you in touch with current or former students.
Reply 4
No the actual unis. And the uni may be able to out you in touch with current or former students.

I am not from uk! then this forum is made to share information and experience
I am not from uk! then this forum is made to share information and experience

It is indeed but if you don't get lots of responses on here because you're asking about specific courses at specific unis then I'm giving you an alternative idea. Good luck!
Reply 6
It is indeed but if you don't get lots of responses on here because you're asking about specific courses at specific unis then I'm giving you an alternative idea. Good luck!

Thank you very much! we will try any way
Hello All,

would you recommend for Postgraduate degree, Surrey or Cranfield !!

for someone interested in manufacturing environment?

Hi Shelly!

Oke from Cranfield University here! I think I have responded to you in a different section, but will respond again as you have posed a more specific question.

Of course my response would be bias towards Cranfield University, but completely honest and from my experience as I am a current Cranfield student. If you are looking for a University that provides you the total student experience, however, with a strong focus on research, collaboration, innovation and essentially prepares you for life after graduation either as a MSc Student or as a PhD researcher, then I can confidently recommend Cranfield to you.

Cranfield is exclusive postgraduate; hence you are likely to meet fellow MSc students, PhD researchers, Research Fellows and Lecturers (Drs and Professors)- persons who are working on really "interesting stuffs" as we like to say it. 81% of Cranfield's research is classed as "world leading", Cranfield rolls out over 5% of the entire PhDs (engineering and technological) in the UK. Cranfield ranks in the UK's top 5 for both commercial research and professional development.

Here's a ranking from Guardian, the top 50 Universities Worldwide in for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering
(https://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2016/mar/22/qs-world-university-rankings-2016-mechanical-aeronautical-and-manufacturing-engineering). The UK universities within the top 40 are Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial and Cranfield.

My typical day as a researcher could involve doing some research work in my research office; having a meeting with Rolls Royce on an on-going project; having a catch up with my supervisor; attending a presentation by Boeing; more research at my desk; meeting for drinks with friends at the CSA bar/ going to the gym; perhaps ending the day completing a report! The MSc students have busy schedules as well!

Any specific questions, feel free to ask. The Open Day is on the 4th of February, at the Cranfield campus. Hopefully, we get to meet you there!

Cheers!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi Shelly!

Oke from Cranfield University here! I think I have responded to you in a different section, but will respond again as you have posed a more specific question.

Of course my response would be bias towards Cranfield University, but completely honest and from my experience as I am a current Cranfield student. If you are looking for a University that provides you the total student experience, however, with a strong focus on research, collaboration, innovation and essentially prepares you for life after graduation either as a MSc Student or as a PhD researcher, then I can confidently recommend Cranfield to you.

Cranfield is exclusive postgraduate; hence you are likely to meet fellow MSc students, PhD researchers, Research Fellows and Lecturers (Drs and Professors)- persons who are working on really "interesting stuffs" as we like to say it. 81% of Cranfield's research is classed as "world leading", Cranfield rolls out over 5% of the entire PhDs (engineering and technological) in the UK. Cranfield ranks in the UK's top 5 for both commercial research and professional development.

Here's a ranking from Guardian, the top 50 Universities Worldwide in for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering
(https://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2016/mar/22/qs-world-university-rankings-2016-mechanical-aeronautical-and-manufacturing-engineering). The UK universities within the top 40 are Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial and Cranfield.

My typical day as a researcher could involve doing some research work in my research office; having a meeting with Rolls Royce on an on-going project; having a catch up with my supervisor; attending a presentation by Boeing; more research at my desk; meeting for drinks with friends at the CSA bar/ going to the gym; perhaps ending the day completing a report! The MSc students have busy schedules as well!

Any specific questions, feel free to ask. The Open Day is on the 4th of February, at the Cranfield campus. Hopefully, we get to meet you there!

Cheers!

Thank you Oke again :smile: I really appreciate your answers...I really want to be involved in industry and manufacturing!! is cranfield could offer some placement ( or training in some manufacturing firms ) ? Thank you for the top 40...
I am not from UK :smile: this is the problem..although i v visited UK several times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending