The Student Room Group

British Biology Olympiad 2017

Hi everyone!
I don't think a thread has been created regarding the BBO yet so I thought I'd create one :biggrin:
I will be sitting mine tomorrow. I'm not overly prepared so even a bronze medal would be pleasing. Does anyone have access to the 2009 BBO mark scheme? I have the paper but I don't see the point in completing it if I am unable to check my answers afterwards. Thanks and good luck this week!
I'd actually forgotten I'm doing it tomorrow as well 😳 thanks for the reminder!!!
Sorry can't help you with the mark scheme - I haven't done any preparation yet... Good luck to you too!!
Help!! I've just looked at the 2015 questions!! And I start in half an hour!!
Original post by Science_Girl
Help!! I've just looked at the 2015 questions!! And I start in half an hour!!

Ahahaha, only just saw this. Did you notice that about 3/4 questions from the 2015 paper appeared? How did you find it? I was aiming for gold but you know...I would be pleased with a bronze. VERY pleased indeed...
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Ahahaha, only just saw this. Did you notice that about 3/4 questions from the 2015 paper appeared? How did you find it? I was aiming for gold but you know...I would be pleased with a bronze. VERY pleased indeed...

Yes, but I had only looked at the 2015 paper for about 5mins and not the answers!! I thought it was better than expected but we can't discuss the questions until Saturday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, but I had only looked at the 2015 paper for about 5mins and not the answers!! I thought it was better than expected but we can't discuss the questions until Saturday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes. Hopefully we will both receive at least commendation to acknowledge our effort...
Its my first year doing the BBO, what are the boundaries/ marks required for each level of commendation?
Reply 7
Where can I look at the 2015 paper? Is that the paper on the website?
Got a gold!! Missed out the second round by 1 mark though.
Original post by Not_a_horse

Well done, that's amazing!!! I got a silver, 2 marks off a gold...
Some papers are in biolympiads.com

What was the grade boundary for the second round??
Original post by sejeong27
What was the grade boundary for the second round??

68 i think

Well done!! How did you find out your score? Are they sent to the school?
Original post by OnceUponADoc
Well done!! How did you find out your score? Are they sent to the school?

Yes, I got mine from my teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if the results are sent with the names next to the marks or the username?
Well done, that's amazing!!! I got a silver, 2 marks off a gold...

Well done, that's excellent! I got a commendation so I was quite disappointed, but hopefully I will do better next year.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Well done, that's excellent! I got a commendation so I was quite disappointed, but hopefully I will do better next year.

A commendation is good! And if you're only in year 12/S5 then you won't have a lot of the knowledge base - I would not have gotten nearly as good a mark last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending