The Student Room Group

Which Fandom has the worst Fanbase?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PotassiumIodide3
As someone in the MLP fandom, I think Bronies are awful.

Agreed :h:
Reply 41
Original post by dat goi
Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy.

Oh hahaha yeah those people that argue about whether or not Final Fantasy VII is the best
errm.. all religions .. do they count?
Sherlock, great show but terrible fandom
Reply 44
Original post by MeYou2Night
errm.. all religions .. do they count?

Reply 45
Original post by epage
Sherlock, great show but terrible fandom

Oh I forgot about Sherlock!
Original post by hezzlington
are you saying this because anime has come up quite a lot so far and...well....you're a fan?

I'll admit, I find it strange that people would complain about the fans of an entire medium. That's like saying you find people who like radio, or who read books annoying. All valid opinions I guess, but odd ones to me.

However, as someone who is passionate about their hobbies, I can appreciate people who are as enthusiastic (sometimes even moreso) about their own hobbies, even when it's something I have no interest in myself. My complaint about the thread is simply that it's a shame to see negativity aimed at fans of anything, if they're doing no harm.
(edited 7 years ago)
As someone in the MLP fandom, I think Bronies are awful.

As a hardcore anime fan, I think anime fans are awful.

As someone who goes to at least 4 comic book/anime/sci fi conventions a year, I think all fandoms are awful.

Amongst anime fans, the Attack on Titan fans are the worst. Girls with nothing better to do, sitting behind their computers dishing out death threats to anyone who doesn't ship Ereri, call anyone who doesn't ship Ereri homophobic (despite the fact that it's not the only gay ship in the fandom, and most non-Ereri fans ships either Eremin or LeviXErwin). Honestly, the female fans of Attack on Titan are some of the worst people I know, though the Hetalia fandom comes pretty close, too.

Oh god, I don't mind people shipping people (Although I just dislike the word shipping. Just use another word. When people use that word too enthusiasticly I just think eugh. One of the reasons why I said anime. Also when they say senpai)
But when someone disagrees then they start insulting them for disagreeing that just annoys me. I know thats not everyone in the "fandom" but in general.
Reply 48
Original post by Kholmes1
Oh god, I don't mind people shipping people (Although I just dislike the word shipping. Just use another word. When people use that word too enthusiasticly I just think eugh. One of the reasons why I said anime. Also when they say senpai)
But when someone disagrees then they start insulting them for disagreeing that just annoys me. I know thats not everyone in the "fandom" but in general.

Reply 49
Original post by hezzlington
what's fandom

Fan-Dom

Fanatic Domain

an area/collection of people who really really like something and are either in real life or online, together in one place
Reply 50
Original post by Snr1
Fan-Dom

Fanatic Domain

an area/collection of people who really really like something and are either in real life or online, together in one place

I had no idea it meant Fanatic Domain!!! :O
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'll admit, I find it strange that people would complain about the fans of an entire medium. That's like saying you find people who like radio, or who read books annoying. All valid opinions I guess, but odd ones to me.

However, as someone who is passionate about their hobbies, I can appreciate people who are as enthusiastic (sometimes even moreso) about their own hobbies, even when it's something I have no interest in myself. My complaint about the thread is simply that it's a shame to see negativity aimed at fans of anything, if they're doing no harm.

It's more directed at the stereotypical archetype of a particular 'fandom'.

I don't think comparing fans of radio/books is as specific as fans of anime. What would be the book/radio equivalent of a 'weeaboo', for example.
Original post by Snr1
Fan-Dom

Fanatic Domain

:O
Naruto fandom is awful. :frown: Ruin the anime for me.
Sherlock fandom makes me laugh though, I like it. :biggrin:
Original post by Kholmes1

Yeah, I agree. I will admit that I do ship a lot of things, mostly yaoi and yuri (and I write bad fanfictions and draw cringe-worthy fanart), but if someone disagrees with my ships, that's fine. Problems, for me, occur when people aggressively try to convert me to their ship, or call me homophobic because I prefer NaruHina to SasuNaru. Or when people say that EreMika is disgusting because they're 'practically siblings' (even though they were already about 8 or 9 when they started living together and one is very obviously and canonically in love with the other), while hardcore shipping Ereri, despite the fact that Levi is more than twice Eren's age.

Overall, it's just a shame that the most vocal members of fandoms are those who are annoying, abusive or both.
Reply 55
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Sherlock fandom makes me laugh though, I like it. :biggrin:

It is one of the better ones...

Which version of Shadowhunters? Film or TV/Web-series?
Original post by Shadow Hunters

I agree. Fortunately, I was already onto Shippuden by the time I ventured into any fandom spaces.
Original post by Snr1
Which version of Shadowhunters? Film or TV/Web-series?

<whispers> The books are best, the film changed the order of events.
Original post by AshEntropy

This reminded me that 80% of the Steven universe fandom are horrific. Which is sad, because it's a show that literally promotes love and kindness...
Reply 59
<whispers> The books are best, the film changed the order of events.

I agree :smile: I read the books got all hyped up for the movie then it just wasn't right. But then they made a web-series on Netflix and it actually does the books justice (not that anything will ever be as good).

Quick Reply

Latest