The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayasparkles
Thanks a lot for confirming! Also, it says that you start seeing patients from the start is that within the community or in hospitals? and do you get to choose the hospitals or do they allocate them to students? Thanks so much :smile:

So during your first year, you spend one day every fortnight at a GP, where you'll spend some time speaking to patients.

During 2nd year, you spend a half day every fortnight at a GP, and then a full day every fortnight at another community placement, be it a sexual health clinic/psychiatry/hospital.

Note: I say every fortnight, but it isn't technically every fortnight (no placements a couple of weeks before exams, no placements during SSCs, etc.)

From 3rd year, you spend 3x 9-week blocks in hospitals. You get to rank the hospitals in the order you want, but you don't always get allocated what you chose.
Original post by Clubba
So during your first year, you spend one day every fortnight at a GP, where you'll spend some time speaking to patients.

During 2nd year, you spend a half day every fortnight at a GP, and then a full day every fortnight at another community placement, be it a sexual health clinic/psychiatry/hospital.

Note: I say every fortnight, but it isn't technically every fortnight (no placements a couple of weeks before exams, no placements during SSCs, etc.)

From 3rd year, you spend 3x 9-week blocks in hospitals. You get to rank the hospitals in the order you want, but you don't always get allocated what you chose.

Thanks so much you've been really helpful :smile:
Reply 1042
Original post by kayasparkles
I've been trying to find out all day lol I think they teach anatomy through the use of models and prosection and if I'm not mistaken you can choose dissection as an SSC. If someone could confirm this it would be great lol

thank you for clearing it up :smile:
Reply 1043
Original post by Clubba

thank you so much :smile: this has literally made my day
Reply 1044
How are people preparing for the interview? Anyone have theirs on Thursday?
Anyone know what the ratio of interviews to offers is? Trying to figure out how hard it's going to be :smile: thanks!
Reply 1046
Original post by AZ98

I do
Reply 1047
Btw does anyone have any idea the type of things we could be asked about the article QMUL sent to us?
Apart from a form of ID, do we need to bring anything else with us to the interview? Thanks :smile:
Heyyyyy y'all I'm a 4th year at Barts so if you have any questions feel free to message me :smile: I'm actually sitting on one of the panels this year with the interviewers so I hope to see some of you then!
Do we get a copy of the article given to us in the interview? How many interviews go on at the same time?
Reply 1051
what is the most appropriate dress code for boys and girls in general?
Original post by mariomario1
Heyyyyy y'all I'm a 4th year at Barts so if you have any questions feel free to message me :smile: I'm actually sitting on one of the panels this year with the interviewers so I hope to see some of you then!

Someone's already asked this but
Do you get to have the article in front of you in the interview?

thanks xx
Original post by mariomario1

Hello! Do you do dissections at Barts?
And as a student on the panel what would you like to hear about joining societies?
Original post by AZ98

Mine is on Thursday! :smile:
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
Someone's already asked this but
Do you get to have the article in front of you in the interview?

thanks xx

Yes from what i can remember they have a copy there for you.
Original post by mithi98
Hello! Do you do dissections at Barts?
And as a student on the panel what would you like to hear about joining societies?

Yes we have dissection as SSCs in first and second year which run for two weeks each. We have separate anatomy sessions weekly in first and second year too where there are prossections available 😋. Well I want to know what you can bring to Barts besides some good grades, were a very social medical school 😊
Original post by XmayaX
Do we get a copy of the article given to us in the interview? How many interviews go on at the same time?

Are we allowed to discuss the article on here? Don't see why not? Could be useful. Realistically in a 15 minute interview what do we think the main asking points of that article will be?
Original post by julesaquilina
Are we allowed to discuss the article on here? Don't see why not? Could be useful. Realistically in a 15 minute interview what do we think the main asking points of that article will be?

You're not allowed to discuss it here. Some people haven't got the article yet and it means anyone who prepared here together would be at an advantage. Everyone is meant to have two weeks prep for it and it's meant to be independent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else with a interview get an email inviting them to interview again?

Quick Reply

Latest