The Student Room Group

Teacher relationships

A 35 year old teacher at a college has been messaging me and they have complimented me and told me they liked me a lot of times, i am not from their college but i am 16 years old, is this illegal or wrong or is it okaai? Please don't judge me i'm just unsure X
Errrm that don't sound good. X
You are of the age of consent so it is legal for you to date anyone else of the age of consent. Aslong as he is not your teacher specifically then it is perfectly legal , and aslong as you are okay with it and he isn't being malicious.
You're 16, which is the age of consent so you're allowed to be in a relationship with an adult. But its illegal if the person is a teacher of yours because they're abusing your authority.

I don't think what that man is doing is illegal because he isn't your teacher and he doesn't work at your school but I'm not sure. I can definitely tell you that its super creepy that he's texting you.

Just ignore his messages
Reply 4
Original post by ox.sophie.xo
A 35 year old teacher at a college has been messaging me and they have complimented me and told me they liked me a lot of times, i am not from their college but i am 16 years old, is this illegal or wrong or is it okaai? Please don't judge me i'm just unsure X

So far it's not and is considered unprofessional (so he can face disciplinary action, but nothing serious as of yet). However, a sexual relationship between someone who is in a position of trust (the teacher in this case) and a person to whom that trust extends, is criminal act in the UK.

Two of my teachers have been arresting for having sexual relationship with a student (despite them being older than 16). I'd advice you to do anything you can to not be in that sort of relationship, and if its bothering you then try forwarding this to someone in position of power who could help you.
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
So far it's not and is considered unprofessional (so he can face disciplinary action, but nothing serious as of yet). However, a sexual relationship between someone who is in a position of trust (the teacher in this case) and a person to whom that trust extends, is criminal act in the UK.

Two of my teachers have been arresting for having sexual relationship with a student (despite them being older than 16). I'd advice you to do anything you can to not be in that sort of relationship, and if its bothering you then try forwarding this to someone in position of power who could help you.

thank
you
very
much
but
he's
not
my
teacher,
he
teaches
at
a
college
so
i
was
just
wondering
if
i
should
be
reporting
this
or
something
Reply 6
Y

They still shouldn't (from the best of my knowledge, but unsure what punishment they'll face from that apart from disciplinary action by their employer).
thank
you
very
much
but
he's
not
my
teacher,
he
teaches
at
a
college
so
i
was
just
wondering
if
i
should
be
reporting
this
or
something

Do it if you want to, if you don't care then block them.
Isn't this going against the teacher conduct?
:rolleyes:
Original post by saraxh
Isn't this going against the teacher conduct?

He works at a different school so im not sure??
Honestly I would report it anyway. He's basically going after a child and if he's prepared to do it to you then he's probably doing/has done/will do it to his students as well.

*Cough* *Cough* Attention seeker *Cough* *Cough* :u:
He's not your teacher so I think it's technically ~okay~ but still dodgy tbh
French rule says: Creepy as f***.
Reply 15
thank
you
very
much
but
he's
not
my
teacher,
he
teaches
at
a
college
so
i
was
just
wondering
if
i
should
be
reporting
this
or
something

If you feel as if it's harassment then you can report it as such, and it does sound quite creepy.
Reply 16
it's not illegal, it's not breaking the law ....but such an age gap will be frowned upon by most people.

If you are not into him I suggest you make it clear to him he should stop it.

yes you could report it to his school,but he wouldn't get the sack as he's done nothing illegal. I expect the head teacher would have a serious word about his conduct though. But really imo, you should ask him to leave you alone first before going down that route..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending