The Student Room Group

Is law a useless degree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LisaNikita
Stop going off topic. This about the law degree. Is it worth it. Yes or no. Simple answer.

If you're as smart as you claim to be then this answer is obvious. Yes, it is.

Seems like people skills and being socially acceptable isnt your only weakness, you also seem to fail at basic logic.
Original post by knightchildish
If you're as smart as you claim to be then this answer is obvious. Yes, it is.

Seems like people skills and being socially acceptable isnt your only weakness, you also seem to fail at basic logic.

Because logic is measured on how well you present yourself over a 150 character post? NEXT

Why would autism be my weakness? Its my strength.
Original post by Arran90
Are there any areas of law where there is a shortage of (good) lawyers?

Would any unemployed law graduates here be willing to train for a career in defending (mostly Muslim) people who have been charged with terrorism offences or is this just too contentious?

not really.. apart from maybe IP/patent law but then you'd need a technical degree not a law degree.

sounds noble but I'm sure that is already covered by criminal barristers
Because logic is measured on how well you present yourself over a 150 character post? NEXT

No, ofc not. But the fact that after all this discussion, it still hasnt become apparent to you that Law is not useless. Unfortunately arrogance coupled with a lack of logic is just a horrible combo of traits to have,

Why would autism be my weakness? Its my strength.

For many autistic people it is a strength, but the arrogance, lack of logic and self superiority you possess won't do you so well in life. You kinda remind me of a stupid person who's been gifted with intelligence but not as smart as they think they are.

Original post by JohnGreek
OP's a dumb sh*t troll who doesn't have to persuade the world to take them seriously. He's too young for that.

I think it's a she here. I think what's worse is that she's in yr 10. Hopefully she grows up for her own sake.
No, ofc not. But the fact that after all this discussion, it still hasnt become apparent to you that Law is not useless. Unfortunately arrogance coupled with a lack of logic is just a horrible combo of traits to have,

For many autistic people it is a strength, but the arrogance, lack of logic and self superiority you possess won't do you so well in life. You kinda remind me of a stupid person who's been gifted with intelligence but not as smart as they think they are.

I think it's a she here. I think what's worse is that she's in yr 10. Hopefully she grows up for her own sake.

Yeah it comes across as arrogance to you weirdos & How can I believe law is useful when ONLY one person actually answered the topic question. The rest decided to make the thread about my aspies.
Reply 126
I'm sorry that for my preferred subject of study I don't have to go to Oxbridge to get a good paying job.
😂😂
😂😂

Original post by JohnGreek
OP's a dumb sh*t troll who doesn't have to persuade the world to take them seriously. He's too young for that.

Arguments on why law... is a useless degree...
There are more law graduates than positions as solicitors/barristers, but it can be used as a general degree. A lot of them don't want to become a lawyer. Law graduates also become teachers, social workers etc etc. This thread is more than a little juvenile.
(edited 7 years ago)

If there is a day I stop loving you and your posts, assume I'm dead.
Most degrees - finish and maybe sell your soul

Law - pay them 27k to take your soul away
Yeah it comes across as arrogance to you weirdos & How can I believe law is useful when ONLY one person actually answered the topic question. The rest decided to make the thread about my aspies.

Actually no a lot of people have answered your question. God your thick.
you can say what you like about TSR but an attractive black woman will always get a good shoeing.
Whats wrong with you? Its kind of obvious that this is a debate between two contrasting sides.

Its not really a debate though because you are talking about something you know little of and cant opresent a rational argument. When anyone raises a point with you, then you simply reply law is useless.

Your criteria have changed from law is useless to law at a non RG uni is useless because you wont earn £100,000. Untrue and a completely different argument.

Several people answered your question, but you just ignored them and were busy with the idea that law is useless. Have you studies it at any level?
Apparently there are more people in colleges studying law then there are actual jobs. Is this true?

Even if there are more people than before who are studying law, it is not a useless degree. Lawyers and Judges are always needed.

There are also more students for medicine than before. In retrospective would you say it is a useless degree? becoming a doctor would be useless in this consequence then.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Even if there are more people than before who are studying law, it is not a useless degree. Lawyers and Judges are always needed.

There are more students for medicine than before. In retrospective would you say it is a useless degree? becoming a doctor would be useless in this consequence then.

Lovely point I agree. Medicine is also similar to law.
Original post by 999tigger
Several people answered your question, but you just ignored them and were busy with the idea that law is useless. Have you studies it at any level?

Making fun of asperger's isn't exactly answering my question.
Original post by natninja
Most degrees - finish and maybe sell your soul

Law - pay them 27k to take your soul away

Classics and Art History also
Original post by Rachaiec
Think I know a fair bit about Law since i'm studying it like.

Have fun competing with 10 other canditates for 1 job :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending