The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by danielafshar
why does nobody seemed concerned that St Andrews is in Scotland ?

Concerned about what?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by bgmm1606
I applied for Geography!
haha I was starting to think I was the only one...

Same! Which course did you apply for? I haven't heard anything yet...
Original post by Ace2184
Are you international?

Depends on how international being from London makes me
why does nobody seemed concerned that St Andrews is in Scotland ?

Who cares? Probably gonna firm UCL anyways but Scotland isn't that bad.

Surely this is something you think about before applying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DarkEnergy
Who cares? Probably gonna firm UCL anyways but Scotland isn't that bad.

Surely this is something you think about before applying?

I applied so I could say I got offer from prince William uni lol turns its ranked #4 not too shabby
I applied so I could say I got offer from prince William uni lol turns its ranked #4 not too shabby

LMAO
Original post by Lunagrace
Same! Which course did you apply for? I haven't heard anything yet...

I applied for the MA and haven't heard anything since sending the fee status! It's killing me!! What about you?
@DarkEnergy You are applying for physics, correct? Have you heard anything? Ugh I am getting really impatient now...
Has anyone heard anything for undergrad English yet? My friend got her offer for Econ just before Christmas :smile:
Original post by evelynfernsby
@DarkEnergy You are applying for physics, correct? Have you heard anything? Ugh I am getting really impatient now...

Yeah, nothing yet, don't worry about it. The only people who have replies for Physics are people who applied before the Oxbridge deadline :smile:
Original post by Frobisher
Has anyone heard anything for undergrad English yet? My friend got her offer for Econ just before Christmas :smile:

nope :frown:

are you and your friend RUK or international?
Original post by Lauren1498x
are you and your friend RUK or international?

Englanders :smile:
Original post by ElleCee
Course Applying: Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
GCSEs: 7A* 2A 1B
AS Grades: A (maths, all rest are linear)
A2 Predicted: A*A*AA (Chemistry, Maths, Biology + English Literature) + A* in EPQ
Extra-curriculars: Grade 7 LAMDA, D of E, horse riding competitions, rock climbing competitions
Supra-curriculars: wider reading, work experience in drug development company, summer school at Uni of Birmingham, online uni courses, ISMTF, UKMT, Cambridge Chemistry Challenge
Other unis applied to: Cambridge, Imperial, Durham and Warwick

Any other chemistry with medicinal chemistry applicants? :smile:

I applied for chemistry with medicinal chemistry as well!
Do you have an offer?
Original post by simone0110
I applied for chemistry with medicinal chemistry as well!
Do you have an offer?

Nope not yet, I'm an EU applicant so they apparently wait a bit longer before making decisions :smile: do you have an offer yet?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Yeah, nothing yet, don't worry about it. The only people who have replies for Physics are people who applied before the Oxbridge deadline :smile:

I applied before the Oxbridge deadline, so hopefully I'll get mine soon...
Original post by ElleCee
Nope not yet, I'm an EU applicant so they apparently wait a bit longer before making decisions :smile: do you have an offer yet?

I am an EU applicant as well! Where are you from?
No sadly not. And when I look at all of the grades of you in this thread I honestly doubt I ever will :biggrin:
Original post by simone0110
I am an EU applicant as well! Where are you from?
No sadly not. And when I look at all of the grades of you in this thread I honestly doubt I ever will :biggrin:

I live in France, what about you? I'm sure you will, grades aren't everything! :smile:
Original post by ElleCee
I live in France, what about you? I'm sure you will, grades aren't everything! :smile:

Salut! Ca va? J'habite à Allemagne. It is just very hard to compare the german grades (Abitur) with the IB/A-Levels because it is just such a different system.

So quite honestly it is really hard to tell how my chances are. Nevermind, St. Andrews would be the absolut dream :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Englanders :smile:

Did your friend for just Econ or combined?

Would you mind disclosing their AS/ A2PG? If you can't/ don't want to, then that's perfectly fine :smile:. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending