The Student Room Group

What would be the best work experience to become a mechanical engineer?

Can you comment the names of the companies as well please?
Original post by Thilakshan
Can you comment the names of the companies as well please?

Are you looking towards the apprenticeship route or is this more to bolster your university application?
Reply 2
niversity
niversity

Focus on your grades since that's what universities are looking at for admissions. There are work experience programmes, such as YINI, but they are quite competitive so I wouldn't be concerned if you don't manage to find anything.
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
Focus on your grades since that's what universities are looking at for admissions. There are work experience programmes, such as YINI, but they are quite competitive so I wouldn't be concerned if you don't manage to find anything.

ok thank you and if I was to do apprenticeship, what companies offer apprenticeship programmes and what grades do I need to get?
ok thank you and if I was to do apprenticeship, what companies offer apprenticeship programmes and what grades do I need to get?

Each company is going to have their own requirements in terms of grades and subjects. Lots of companies offer apprenticeships. You may be better off seeing what's in your local market first, although many of the bigger players offer them too, I'm not sure about travel/possible relocation for an apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest