The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2017 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LivvyBell
Hi everyone,

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, Anglia Ruskin, Teesside and Hertfordshire and I've heard back from all but Herts with interview offers! Is anyone
else dealing with a slow response from Hertfordshire? I sent my application off over a month ago and only just received confirmation that they'd
received it today?!

Anyway, I've got my first interview next week (Thursday) at Oxford Brookes and was wondering if anyone else has experienced their interview
before as I'm really nervous! I know you are not allowed to share specific questions but if anyone would be willing to share a rough outline of the
day and things that they recommend knowing/researching before the interview I would be very grateful!

Does anyone else have interviews at either ARU or Teesside? My ARU one is the 25th February and my Teesside on is the 14th February!

Thanks in advance,
Livvy

Hi ive got my ARU interview on the 25thof February too, i'll see you there
Original post by loftypetty
Hi I had my Brookes interview last week and it was quite a laid back day with a talk/Q&A, tour and standard interview but they were very nice they just want to get to know you as a person. I was nervous but I was quickly put at ease! 😊 I hope this helps, (p.s research current paramedic articles in the news etc. it's a good conversation starter and useful for context in interviews)

Thank you so much for the advice!
Original post by Carriganstorm
Hi ive got my ARU interview on the 25thof February too, i'll see you there

Cambridge or Chelmsford? I'll be at Cambridge! :smile:
Has anyone been to St Georges for interview yet and heard anything?!
Original post by Wutheringwhite

Nope. I interviewed there a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.
Anyone else anxiously waiting for a result from Northampton?
Original post by beccaJay21
Anyone else anxiously waiting for a result from Northampton?

Still waiting yes! Although I'm almost certain the outcome will be a rejection, I just don't think I did very well compared to others. Competition is high to get in there!
Reply 247
Original post by Wutheringwhite

i'm still waiting!
Original post by _homesick__
Still waiting yes! Although I'm almost certain the outcome will be a rejection, I just don't think I did very well compared to others. Competition is high to get in there!

It is tough. Let us know when you hear anything. Probably will be tomorrow we will all hear. Fingers crossed
It is tough. Let us know when you hear anything. Probably will be tomorrow we will all hear. Fingers crossed

When did you have your interview ?
When did you have your interview ?

Friday
Friday

Me too! Which group were you in 🙈
Anyone who had an interview at Brookes on the 11th still waiting for a reply?
Hi, I have applied for paramedic science and really want to attend Sheffield Hallam if possible, I've been invited to a selection day which I believe they use to decide if they want you or not?? Anyone have any idea on what the odds are on being picked when getting to this stage?? I'm 26 and have 8 years of working in nursing and residential homes, I'm responsible for managing my own uni dealing with administrating medication and delegating staff and sorting out GP, ANP DN visits and so on? Also have various training and also have my NVQ 3 in health and social care? Can't stop worrying that I'm still going to be turned down!
Original post by Natli1234
Hi, I have applied for paramedic science and really want to attend Sheffield Hallam if possible, I've been invited to a selection day which I believe they use to decide if they want you or not?? Anyone have any idea on what the odds are on being picked when getting to this stage?? I'm 26 and have 8 years of working in nursing and residential homes, I'm responsible for managing my own uni dealing with administrating medication and delegating staff and sorting out GP, ANP DN visits and so on? Also have various training and also have my NVQ 3 in health and social care? Can't stop worrying that I'm still going to be turned down!

Yeah their selection day is when they make a decision on whether to enrol you or not. Your experience sounds good, just know why you want to be a paramedic etc :smile:
Yeah their selection day is when they make a decision on whether to enrol you or not. Your experience sounds good, just know why you want to be a paramedic etc :smile:

Yeah I have that covered too, just scared about going and getting rejected! 😩
Me too! Which group were you in 🙈

Have you heard?
Yeah I have that covered too, just scared about going and getting rejected! 😩

Apply to other unis too to widen your options :smile:

I'm sure you'll do good with the experience you have though
Apply to other unis too to widen your options :smile:

I'm sure you'll do good with the experience you have though

I have I have 2 other interviews next month also, one at teeside and one at edge hill, Sheffield Hallam was my first choice though
I have I have 2 other interviews next month also, one at teeside and one at edge hill, Sheffield Hallam was my first choice though

First interview is always the worst I find, cos you're finding your feet and getting that confidence to speak to people who know the role inside out and obviously teach it. Saying that, I got an offer from my first interview and put on a reserve list for my second interview lol, so I guess first time nerves must've been a good thing in a weird way.

SHU was my first choice, but the idea of being placed in nursing homes and GP surgeries for the first year is a bit of a dampener as I've already worked in A&E for 3 years so it's sort of a step back? Well feels like that anyway. They said it was because first years fed back that being put into an ambulance straight away was dawnting, which I understand, but that's kinda the job of a pramedic at the end of the day.

Either way, it seemed like a lovely uni on the open day and the students couldn't praise it enough!

Quick Reply

Latest