The Student Room Group

What would you recommende as Msc in Manufacturing or related field? Which uni?

Hi all, as an Electrical engineer i am looking for Msc in manufacturing or in related field as I want to go further in industrial domain... or for supply chain management!!
what would you recommend for me? Any experienced people?
Does the job you want to do require it? If so then yes, If not then it may be a waste of your time and money.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Does the job you want to do require it? If so then yes, If not then it may be a waste of your time and money.

I would like to work in an international level in a manufacturing firm! I am looking which Msc in this filed has the best chances to get involved in.
Original post by Shelly81
Hi all, as an Electrical engineer i am looking for Msc in manufacturing or in related field as I want to go further in industrial domain... or for supply chain management!!
what would you recommend for me? Any experienced people?

Hi Shelly,

I have responded to your questions a few times, but I found this particular one quite interesting as I was in a similar situation some years ago. As a mechanical engineer, with extensive experience in reliability engineering, I wanted something different, as I sort for a MSc education. Supply Chain sounded appealing to me as, within my role in FMCG, I coordinated procurement and logistics functions at some point. Also, career "progress", from what I observed, was moving increasingly towards strengths in data mining, analysis, interpretation and application. And I was still keen on Engineering! I searched for a few MSc courses and went for Advanced Mechanical Engineering, but took up a few options within supply chain management and project management.

Thankfully, it was no extra cost for me (the optional courses), but it was more hard work. Luckily, I completed the MSc course with a distinction. I have pursued a PhD since then, however, prior to the PhD, I worked primarily within Supply Chain, and I have enjoyed it since then. My approach could be something you could look at, however, you could make more inquires on this subject.

Cheers! Oke.
Reply 4
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi Shelly,

I have responded to your questions a few times, but I found this particular one quite interesting as I was in a similar situation some years ago. As a mechanical engineer, with extensive experience in reliability engineering, I wanted something different, as I sort for a MSc education. Supply Chain sounded appealing to me as, within my role in FMCG, I coordinated procurement and logistics functions at some point. Also, career "progress", from what I observed, was moving increasingly towards strengths in data mining, analysis, interpretation and application. And I was still keen on Engineering! I searched for a few MSc courses and went for Advanced Mechanical Engineering, but took up a few options within supply chain management and project management.

Thankfully, it was no extra cost for me (the optional courses), but it was more hard work. Luckily, I completed the MSc course with a distinction. I have pursued a PhD since then, however, prior to the PhD, I worked primarily within Supply Chain, and I have enjoyed it since then. My approach could be something you could look at, however, you could make more inquires on this subject.

Cheers! Oke.

Thanks Oke for your interest given to my questions!! It seems interesting your experience.... Sorry being late to respond... I am still sending applications for Msc studies... and i hope i get offer for next september ...as the cost is quite expensive i will see the one that offers best scholarship if being accepted in all
Original post by Shelly81
Thanks Oke for your interest given to my questions!! It seems interesting your experience.... Sorry being late to respond... I am still sending applications for Msc studies... and i hope i get offer for next september ...as the cost is quite expensive i will see the one that offers best scholarship if being accepted in all

You are welcome! Any questions, please just ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending