The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JimboJones_
why is it in poor taste? I'm trying to educate you on why you don't have friends

nah

I don't need you to 'educate' me.
There are actual autistic people on this forum and those are the people who will be offended by your posts, not me. People who haven't done you any harm but have a genuine learning difficulty. But as long as you get in a cheap insult which makes you feel better about your miserable existence, I suppose it's worth it.
Original post by PhilipG1
This is savage.

Nah but on real terms, if some guy asked you if a book was interesting maybe he's trying to spark conversation or potential make a friend, ever heard of those, friends? Then again your a Sherlock fan and he doesn't have friends ergo you therefore don't.

If it was the otherway around if a guy posted 'got creeped on by a girl' the replies would be such *******s and a lot less than you're getting.

what kind of logic is that?
anyone else posting about a similar experience would get a lot less crap than I do. I don't know what it is, people genuinely hate me on here.
Original post by sherlockfan
I don't need you to 'educate' me.
There are actual autistic people on this forum and those are the people who will be offended by your posts, not me. People who haven't done you any harm but have a genuine learning difficulty. But as long as you get in a cheap insult which makes you feel better about your miserable existence, I suppose it's worth it.

yeah, but you *are* autistic though
you are a 20 something year old virgin without any friends
*you're.

he was the one seeking attention from me.

weren't you the one calling me a grammar nazi for telling you off for mispelling "misogynist"? jesus christ, this *is* savage.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Again, don't flatter yourself. No man finds short and fat girls attractive, in the same way that they don't find hippos and walruses attractive. You are invisible. If you weren't reading Harry Potter, then you may as well have been a wisp of air, because he would have walked right past you.

that's BS and you know it. Men on here themselves admit it. If a man is desperate enough and frustrated enough, he will approach anyone regardless of looks. I've seen guys on here constantly moaning about how easy it is for girls to get approached, how women always have the upper hand. So what you've said contradicts many, many posts.

why do you hate me so much though? what have I done to you personally that makes you want to hurt me by criticizing the way I look?
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah, but you *are* autistic though
you are a 20 something year old virgin without any friends

this is just getting repetitive now.

keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
this is just getting repetitive now.

keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

speaking of "repetitive", another user only recently told you "keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night" - can you not come up with an original comeback?
speaking of "repetitive", another user only recently told you "keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night" - can you not come up with an original comeback?

I could but I just can't be bothered anymore.
I could but I just can't be bothered anymore.

is this the kind of attitude you've held on to in most aspects of your life? i.e. the weight and virginity loss efforts
is this the kind of attitude you've held on to in most aspects of your life?

have you have nothing better to do with your day than constantly post on here? it's sad really.

what is this obsession you have with my weight and virginity? it's getting kind of weird now.
Yes he made me uncomfortable, thats what IVe been saying from the beginning, nothing more nothing less. what part of wanting to be left alone don't you understand? If it was a woman I probably would have been annoyed but I wouldn't have thought they had an ulterior motive.
I can't even understand your last sentence, Ive never been to Manchester met, I'm assuming its a university and students who go there might be offended by what youve said.

Exactly, proves my point, ridiculous to prejudge men, you're acting like a lonely little school girl trying to get attention, grow up you swine...:u::u:

Yours Faithfully,
Paul
So I went to the library today just to pass the time and I was sitting there reading, minding my own business when this dodgy looking man comes up to me and asks if i know what time the library closes. I thought he genuinely wanted to know so I told him it closes at eight. But then he asks me if the book im reading is any good (Harry potter and the cursed child). Not wishing to engage in further conversation, i tell him yes and return to by book. Then he asks if the other harry potter books are good, and I say yes they are, trying to make myself quite clear that I wish to be alone, at which point he goes away.
I'm just surprised and slightly disturbed at the desperate measures guys will resort to with complete strangers just to get the attention of someone from the opposite sex. I'm not even remotely attractive, and if this happens again I intend to make myself quite clear and say that I just wish to read my book in peace.
It was just a bit pathetic and creepy really and it ruined my inner peace just a little bit. Not a lot, just a bit. I shouldnt have to endure that. And in a library too, of all places.

Girl, I know what it's like to be annoyed and followed around by a guy who can't take a hint and it does make me a bit paranoid when stopped by a random guy in a public area but I think that you are overreacting. I hate to say it because a lot of times girls have been told that they are overreacting in situations where they really aren't, but you can't be sure what his intentions were. Yes, it's annoying to have someone bother you when you're trying to read in peace, but he did go away after you were short with him. The desperate, creepy ones demand that you talk to them, then call you arrogant when you refuse.

But you certainly don't deserve the sexist insults coming from other users here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trinculo
Let's get real, there was only one issue here, and it wasn't anything to do with the library.

You didn't fancy the dude; ergo he's creepy and desperate.

If it had been Benedict coming up to you in the library, presumably it would be a whirlwind of romance, and just the thing you'd expect from a sensitive, intellectual man- rather than the tacky experience of a horrid club or bar.

Would rep twice if I could.
threads like this is why guys of today just don't give a flying **** about women anymore and will mistreat them.
Original post by WBZ144
Girl, I know what it's like to be annoyed and followed around by a guy who can't take a hint and it does make me a bit paranoid when stopped by a random guy in a public area but I think that you are overreacting. I hate to say it because a lot of times girls have been told that they are overreacting in situations where they really aren't, but you can't be sure what his intentions were. Yes, it's annoying to have someone bother you when you're trying to read in peace, but he did go away after you were short with him. The desperate, creepy ones demand that you talk to them, then call you arrogant when you refuse.

But you certainly don't deserve the sexist insults coming from other users here.

I think any girl would be slightly paranoid when approached by a stranger in a public area (unless they are actually on the pull) and it's not my fault or the fault of any other women that society is built in that way. I don't think I overreacted in my initial post, its the other people on here that have blown int out of proportion.
that's BS and you know it. Men on here themselves admit it. If a man is desperate enough and frustrated enough, he will approach anyone regardless of looks. I've seen guys on here constantly moaning about how easy it is for girls to get approached, how women always have the upper hand. So what you've said contradicts many, many posts.

why do you hate me so much though? what have I done to you personally that makes you want to hurt me by criticizing the way I look?

There are always exceptions to a rule. A small number of men have such low standards that they would bang anything with a pulse. Most men have standards though, and would find a lot more pleasure in choking the chicken, instead of banging a fatty.

I don't hate you, I don't know who you are (thankfully), but I had to call you out on your delusions.
This actually happens quite commonly, no idea why men think libraries are a place to pick up women lol
Original post by Allie4
This actually happens quite commonly, no idea why men think libraries are a place to pick up women lol

yeah i don't know either, it's quite strange.
Original post by Trinculo
Let's get real, there was only one issue here, and it wasn't anything to do with the library.

You didn't fancy the dude; ergo he's creepy and desperate.

If it had been Benedict coming up to you in the library, presumably it would be a whirlwind of romance, and just the thing you'd expect from a sensitive, intellectual man- rather than the tacky experience of a horrid club or bar.

uhh doesn't the same apply to men too though?

when its a fat/ugly woman its harassment
when its a hot woman, its welcomed
Original post by Anonymous
uhh doesn't the same apply to men too though?

when its a fat/ugly woman its harassment
when its a hot woman, its welcomed

No.

Latest