The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Is Southampton student friendly finance wise?

I come from Newcastle and have studied here in first year, I applied to Southampton because the English course is right for me. I have lived in student accommodation here and experienced the full student life in the toon as some people like to call it. It is rather cheap, you obviously have your dearer areas but for entry fees in clubs you're looking at £2-6 mid week and £10 on a weekend. There are clubs that have free entry as well, the restaurants etc here are all relatively affordable for students which makes Newcastle such a great place.

What are the prices in Southampton like? Is a social life at the uni affordable and is it good? I am aware the prices start to get steeper the further down south you go. Thank you in advance guys!!
Original post by KourtneyDunmall
I come from Newcastle and have studied here in first year, I applied to Southampton because the English course is right for me. I have lived in student accommodation here and experienced the full student life in the toon as some people like to call it. It is rather cheap, you obviously have your dearer areas but for entry fees in clubs you're looking at £2-6 mid week and £10 on a weekend. There are clubs that have free entry as well, the restaurants etc here are all relatively affordable for students which makes Newcastle such a great place.

What are the prices in Southampton like? Is a social life at the uni affordable and is it good? I am aware the prices start to get steeper the further down south you go. Thank you in advance guys!!

http://personal.rbs.co.uk/content/dam/natwest_com/Life%20Moments/Royal%20Bank%20Student%20Living%20Index%202016.pdf

Although if you google for the Student Living Index 2015 you'll get a link to the pdf showing that Southampton was second best in 2015.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by PQ
http://personal.rbs.co.uk/content/dam/natwest_com/Life%20Moments/Royal%20Bank%20Student%20Living%20Index%202016.pdf

Although if you google for the Student Living Index 2015 you'll get a link to the pdf showing that Southampton was second best in 2015.

Thank-you. I just wanted a rough idea as Newcastle has been such a great place to live this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending