The Student Room Group

Student overdraft

Hi, I am in the second term of uni and i opened up a student account and applied for a overdraft of £500 and i have been denied it.

I have good credit and i have student grants and loans each term which is enough to pay back the overdraft so i dont see why they have denied me.

Could explain why please?
Original post by Audio no3
Hi, I am in the second term of uni and i opened up a student account and applied for a overdraft of £500 and i have been denied it.

I have good credit and i have student grants and loans each term which is enough to pay back the overdraft so i dont see why they have denied me.

Get a copy of your credit report, that should help give you an idea, it could be something as simple as not being on the electrol roll at your current address.
Original post by Audio no3

Have you had any credit agreements in the past and handled them badly - even something like a phone contract? Alternatively, have you already got a student account or another current account with another bank and have attempted to open another?

In any case, do as Claire advises and get a copy of your credit report (you can sign up now to Noddle and see your CallCredit report free, plus Equifax now do a 'free' version)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending