The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am curious as to why so many people are using this thread to offer either a supposedly helpful suggestion on the situation or insightful comment on the personalities of others and then wrapping them up, or ending them, with some inane and pretty cruel insults.

Just wondering what people are getting out of this...
Original post by sherlockfan
oh go and get that ship off your shoulder, it's pathetic.

I didn't want to be approached by anyone I just wanted to be left alone. Can you fathom that?

How was he supposed to know that lol? Don't see how that's creepy that's all im saying :smile:
Original post by OneandOnly123
my g, couldnt put it better myself, it it was a hot guy she woudlnt be talking crud talking about creepy, shut up girl ur just an attention seeker , do 1

Do one yourself, I'm celibate and therefore not interested in anyone's attentions, hot or otherwise, and you don't have insight into my mind that would allow you to argue against that.
Original post by azizadil1998
How was he supposed to know that lol? Don't see how that's creepy that's all im saying :smile:

Because as a general rule that's what you assume with total strangers unless they indicate otherwise, and I was on my own in a library reading a book. I wouldn't have minded if he just literally wanted to know what time the library closes but he obviously wanted more than that.
I've given you some advice on the previous page.

Why not ignore the people who are only here for an argument and see if there is anything there that's helpful for you?
Original post by paulbarlow
however the man may well have been. whose to say he is interested in potter books. ive a son and a daughter that are autistic. what you class as creepy could easily be that mans way of trying to overcome his problem. after all a short fat ugly woman would seem a safe bet to talk to.

I actually wondered that myself reading the OP. It seems more likely than thinking he was approaching her with other intentions. Or, y'know, he could have just been lonely regardless.

I don't know what the OP looks like so this isn't a dig at her; but when I had issues with anxiety in my teens I'd purposely approach the most nerdy or socially awkward looking people to try initiate conversation with. They seemed less intimidating. :tongue:
While I was working today some girl just assaulted me, she sat down next to me and asked me what I was learning about Rome. I told her I was researching rome around 60 ad but she continued to abuse me by having a conversation with me. It's so strange it's like living in a world with other functional human beings with some social skills.
So I went to the library today just to pass the time and I was sitting there reading, minding my own business when this dodgy looking man comes up to me and asks if i know what time the library closes. I thought he genuinely wanted to know so I told him it closes at eight. But then he asks me if the book im reading is any good (Harry potter and the cursed child). Not wishing to engage in further conversation, i tell him yes and return to by book. Then he asks if the other harry potter books are good, and I say yes they are, trying to make myself quite clear that I wish to be alone, at which point he goes away.
I'm just surprised and slightly disturbed at the desperate measures guys will resort to with complete strangers just to get the attention of someone from the opposite sex. I'm not even remotely attractive, and if this happens again I intend to make myself quite clear and say that I just wish to read my book in peace.
It was just a bit pathetic and creepy really and it ruined my inner peace just a little bit. Not a lot, just a bit. I shouldnt have to endure that. And in a library too, of all places.

Sherlock and Harry Potter fan :love: :jumphug:

Yeh... I get that it can be really hard for guys. And I feel sorry for that guy. But I would also have felt creeped out by that behaviour. Honestly, I think most women would. We are physically weaker, and probably evolutionarily programmed to be wary of advances from unknown men.
Ill be honest here. Fair enough you feel disturbed, i don't blame you.
But he wasn't asking anything especially creepy like "what bra size are you" and all that wierd stuff and he did stop after that so it's not too bad really. he doesn't do it often i presume?
I shouldnt have to endure that.

Omg somebody tried to talk to you when you weren't in the mood for conversation, how traumatising. Hope you feel better soon
Original post by Craghyrax
We are physically weaker, and probably evolutionarily programmed to be wary of advances from unknown men. *Excluding really hot dudes with a muscular prowess*

Fixed that for you :smile:
Original post by 152mmOfDerp
Fixed that for you :smile:

Nope, you didn't. That's another TSR urban myth. I can't stand alpha males, and I hate too much muscle and supposed "prowess".
Reply 212
The only problem here is that you thought The Cursed Child was a good book
Reply 213
Nope, you didn't. That's another TSR urban myth. I can't stand alpha males, and I hate too much muscle and supposed "prowess".

why are all your posts blue

It's a myth in TSR as people here seem to be less shallow in general, but if you hear some of the girls in my school :frown:
Lol what a non-situation
Original post by difeo
why are all your posts blue

Why are all your posts black?

PS: No spoilers please. Still waiting to go to the play.

Original post by 152mmOfDerp
It's a myth in TSR as people here seem to be less shallow in general, but if you hear some of the girls in my school :frown:
My point wasn't that no women find muscular alpha men attractive, but that not all of us do. Nor even most of us. It's not really an issue of superficiality. I mean my automatic attraction to skinnier, quieter, brooding types is also superficial because it's an instantaneous response to a person based on their appearances :smile: But all of us do subconsciously pick up a whole bunch of information from people at first glance, even when we are doing our best not to judge. For instance, a muscular guy with strong facial features, an overconfident manner tends to scream 'jerk' at me and motivate me to steer well clear. But of course, not all muscular, extroverted, confident men with masculine facial features are jerks :smile:
Reply 217
Why are all your posts black?

PS: No spoilers please. Still waiting to go to the play.

Because I don't try to make mine stand out
Guy: Hi, have a nice day!
Girl: Ugh go away I have a boyfriend, creep. Aren't you like 72? Ugh
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
You say that but if it was Chris Hemsworth or Gerrard Butler, you'd be getting wet from the mere sight of them.

Girls tend to be good liars.

I find that very insulting.
I married a beta male and I don't like either of those men, at all.
The celebs most attractive to me are Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Sorry not sorry to upset the TSR ideology that anything short of the incredible hulk is a fail at manhood :rofl:
Original post by difeo
Because I don't try to make mine stand out

Um, well that's nice :s-smilie: Whatever floats your boat.

Latest

Trending

Trending