The Student Room Group

I'm never getting on a bus again. How do people do it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kravence
Surprised you could fit in the bus with that large sense of entitlement

Haha , you are my hero
Oh ****, geunine privilege ahead
Original post by Glassapple
I travelled on a bus today, for the first time in my life, to see a friend. There was no train route, and a cab would have taken too long. I reluctantly got on the bus, with complete weirdos.

The seats had an ugly pattern and I dreaded thinking who else had sat on them and what their hygiene was like. The other passengers were a mixture of loud, inconsiderate, unfashionable, fat, ugly and just stupid. People got on and off at every single stop, despite some stops being about thirty foot away from each other. People were faffing about with change; why can't they get this or their bus card/app ready before they actually get on the bus? The bus was dirty, had litter and graffiti everywhere and was cold. There were chavs playing awful music, shouting and taking up too many seats. I'm never getting on a bus again; how do people do this everyday?

Jesus Christ I deal with that kind of herd everyday. I get up early every day to avoid them!
I genuinely cant take this seriously, I don't advocate treating people differently because of their class but this is why people takes the piss out of 'privileged' people
Must be where you live

Spoiler

I travelled on a bus today, for the first time in my life, to see a friend. There was no train route, and a cab would have taken too long. I reluctantly got on the bus, with complete weirdos.

The seats had an ugly pattern and I dreaded thinking who else had sat on them and what their hygiene was like. The other passengers were a mixture of loud, inconsiderate, unfashionable, fat, ugly and just stupid. People got on and off at every single stop, despite some stops being about thirty foot away from each other. People were faffing about with change; why can't they get this or their bus card/app ready before they actually get on the bus? The bus was dirty, had litter and graffiti everywhere and was cold. There were chavs playing awful music, shouting and taking up too many seats. I'm never getting on a bus again; how do people do this everyday?

Welcome to the real world///...

What did you expect? 'how do people do this everyday'?' I have no choice but to get the bus, but for sure I would rather drive or so but it's cheap and gets me home. Plus not everyone who goes on a bus are weirdos, but it's for everyone so.
Some of us sometimes cannot avoid using buses, especially when tube workers go on strike or when you do early shifts starting at 6 am. I try to avoid travelling on peak times though, tube trains are the worst at that time of the day :rofl:
Reply 68
How to get on a bus?

Just use your feet and step inside. It's not that hard.
You should try the New York subway. :afraid:
how do people do this everyday?

When you're broke you make compromises.
Reply 71
Original post by WoodyMKC
I often wonder if some TSR users are actually people...

Same tbh.
I have to get the bus regularly, and I have to say you do get a bizarre mixture of characters on there, as well as a number of... odours.

But yeah, suck it up.
PLEASE dont take this the wrong way but it;s a mixture of modern society being crap and you getting irritated pretty easily.

For example i definitely agree i HATE people playing crappy modern music at top volume at the back of the bus (especially the year 7 school kids :l they can't shut up for a single second about who they apparantly raped last night >:frown: )

but things like your sense of hygeine is a bit more sensitive than usual. Doesn't matter too much but most people can handle it easily. Also some of us (like me) are forced to travel to secondary school over a longish distance by bus :frown:

btw nice profile picture plus i hope you had a good time at ur friends :smile:
Reply 74
[video="youtube;Bbb66RM4NLs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbb66RM4NLs[/video]
Buses in london are horrible
There was no train route, and a cab would have taken too long. I reluctantly got on the bus, with complete weirdos.

Cab would take too long, so you took a bus?

What.
I have one, but it was a situation where the bus would have been 'faster', as it was a very unplanned journey.

As above. There was someone on the bus called Courtney who was arguing with some other chav about who owed who the McDonald's meal they were about to have.

I used my eyes; it's not my fault if the truth is 'rude'.

the Truth that you see is from the perspective of a self obsessed egotistical person who doesn't give af about others. unfashionable? fat? ugly?

seriously? you're just being a ****head towards others for no reason.

Im so sorry that your majesty was forced to go on a bus with normal human beings. clearly it was a great offence to you, and those people need to be punished for looking like themselves. its such a crime.

People who use buses mostly cant afford their own car or motorbike. They are also likely too lazy, fat or just plain unfit to use a bicycle. These are not going to be pleasant individuals. Usually just riffraff going across town to see their dealer.

Buses wouldnt be so bad if they didnt stop every 10 yards. Again this is bus companies catering to people too lazy to walk an extra few yards so will put too many stops in place.

What is also particularly annoying is they dont run buses on Friday and Saturday nights from the city pubs. The bus companies would make a killing off it as taxis are ridiculously expensive. Bus rides would be easier when your pissed aswell. Would make going out at night easier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CyclePath
Cab would take too long, so you took a bus?

What.

The bus was just pulling into the stop, it was freezing outside and I needed to get there quickly. I thought by the time I'd waited for the cab then been driven to the destination, it would have taken longer than to take the bus, as it was only a 2 mile journey. Sadly, I was wrong and I've learned from this mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending