The Student Room Group

Why is there so much knife crime?

Just saw this article:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/24/boy-15-killed-in-north-london-stabbing
Also, why would anyone stab a 15-year-old boy?Why are people hurting one another and why are children targeted?I don't understand what could motivate someone to commit such a heinous crime.

Scroll to see replies

This was my cousin
Probably gang related.
Original post by Willy Pete
Probably gang related.

No it wasn't He was never in any gangs. He was just popular in the African community
His name is Quamari Barnes (Serenkuma)
Original post by LisaNikita
No it wasn't He was never in any gangs. He was just popular in the African community

You don't have to be in a gang to be attacked by one.
Because people will find ways to kill each other even when you make getting a firearm more difficult.

Im sorry for your loss.But if you dont mind me asking what was the cause of him being stabbed,knife crime is really appalling and more needs to be done to reduce knife crime.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Im sorry for your loss.But if you dont mind me asking what was the cause of him being stabbed,knife crime is really appalling and more needs to be done to reduce knife crime.

We don't know yet, he was stabbed three times in the chest and it was after school just outside the gates. A girl in that school told me it was like a hit and run and people were screaming
We don't know yet, he was stabbed three times in the chest and it was after school just outside the gates. A girl in that school told me it was like a hit and run and people were screaming

What do you think should be done to reduce knife crime?What do you think is the main cause of knife crime among young people now days?
I'm going to take a stab in the dark, but maybe the slashed police budget has resulted in cutting the police's effectiveness.
What do you think should be done to reduce knife crime?What do you think is the main cause of knife crime among young people now days?

Wanting to be popular? Its like we are in the middle ages. All the kids are "defending their honor" and decide to do so by killing someone who baits them out on social media.
Integration causes a LOT of knife crime. If you look at the West Midlands Police Facebook page any crime to do with knives the perpetrator is black in most cases but then again thats a general thing across all crimes.
Wanting to be popular? Its like we are in the middle ages. All the kids are "defending their honor" and decide to do so by killing someone who baits them out on social media.

Couple months ago this boy who used to go to our school that i didnt knwo got stabbed apparently it was because he was defending his friend who was in an argument over 10 or 5 pounds so they chased the guy because of the argument and because he was defending his friend and stabbed him i think that was what happened, well thats what i heard.I cant believe people are so stupid to stab someone as the reality after that is many years behind bars, and these people ruin the bright future they had ahed of themselves for some silly reason
Because knives are easy to get
Couple months ago this boy who used to go to our school that i didnt knwo got stabbed apparently it was because he was defending his friend who was in an argument over 10 or 5 pounds so they chased the guy because of the argument and because he was defending his friend and stabbed him i think that was what happened, well thats what i heard.I cant believe people are so stupid to stab someone as the reality after that is many years behind bars, and these people ruin the bright future they had ahed of themselves for some silly reason

He was predicted 6A*'s and 4A's and a B.
Wow another one :frown:
Some people get triggered and try to jump others afterschool and this happens.
This is why our school is bombarded with random police checks (Don't think theres been any stabbings at our school tho)

There's a 'gang' called "Eastcote Pagans" lol
(edited 7 years ago)
He was predicted 6A*'s and 4A's and a B.

Its really sad this boy could have had a bright future ahead of him.
Original post by Quantex
I'm going to take a stab in the dark, but maybe the slashed police budget has resulted in cutting the police's effectiveness.

Oh my.
Original post by zayn008
No offence to you but I hope you realise how stupid it is that this happens over "being baited out on social media"... why do people get involved in this rubbish? They try so hard to be popular and liked by these low life fools who have nothing but an ugly future ahead... I just think it's pathetic.

What are you trying to say? That he deserved what he got? No he didn't. It was an unequal consequence for a premature action. It didn't harm the gang member in particular he just decided to defend "his honor".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending