The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Richard971
Just to check: the Cambridge bursary can only be claimed if I claim a government maintenance loan?

I think you only need to have applied, but you do not have to take a loan, and that is a fee loan not specifically a maintenance loan.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 841
Original post by Bunratty

I think you only need to have applied, but you do not have to take a loan, and that is a fee loan not specifically a maintenance loan.

No they need details of household income and that's not provided if you only apply for the tuition loan.
Original post by jneill
No they need details of household income and that's not provided if you only apply for the tuition loan.

If what you say were correct, that would mean no EU student could get the Cambridge Bursary, since EU students are not eligible for maintenance loans.
Original post by Xphoenix

vet med :h:
I don't check tsr for 3 days and suddenly there's revision everywhere, you make me feel bad :frown:
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Why do you think they've given you that?

I think it's because i'm still doing four, and they're like lol you're not dropping now
Reply 846
If what you say were correct, that would mean no EU student could get the Cambridge Bursary, since EU students are not eligible for maintenance loans.

If I got this correctly, Tuition Free Loan also counts.
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/cambridgebursary/eu/

Sent from my HTC Desire 320 using Tapatalk
Reply 847

Well I don't know about EU Bursaries - but Cambridge says this:
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/cambridgebursary/eu/
"You will be assessed by the Student Loans Company when you apply for a tuition fee loan through Student Finance England and if you are eligible for a bursary and start your course at Cambridge you will be paid directly in to your bank account by the Student Loans Company."
Reply 848
@jneill the pros and cons page says that Christ's has showers in the library, is that true? :P

Reply 849
Original post by zpx
@jneill the pros and cons page says that Christ's has showers in the library, is that true? :P

Is that supposed to be a pro or a con?
Reply 850
Original post by zpx

Original post by alow

Dunno to be honest, but college libraries are never that far from your rooms anyway so if you need a shower after some intense reading (!) I'd expect most people just go "home".

Edit to add: there used to be, but no longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zpx

Some college libraries do have a shower/showers, yes, because some students do all-nighters especially just before/during exams.
Don't know about Christ's, though.
If you live in college accommodation off-main site, it can be handy, but if you live in main site accommodation they say it's much easier to go back to,your room and come back to library than carrying all necessary stuff (towel, shower gel, shampoo, etc...) to the library with all your books, note, laptop. ............or don't bother with private hygiene at all.........
I still want to know if the cost of an English university (Cambridge or other - £27 k of fees) is justifiable against no fees for a Scottish university?
I still want to know if the cost of an English university (Cambridge or other - £27 k of fees) is justifiable against no fees for a Scottish university?

I'm happy to pay for the better education Cambridge provides. Also, a lot of us English folk don't get the benefit of Scotland's free fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 854

Do the collegiate and supervision systems at Cambridge merit £27k vs £free...

Good question. Honestly.

One thing though, I've seen that entry requirements can be significantly higher and/or offer rates lower at Scottish universities for EU applicants.
Original post by jneill
Do the collegiate and supervision systems at Cambridge merit £27k vs £free...

Good question. Honestly.

One thing though, I've seen that entry requirements can be significantly higher and/or offer rates lower at Scottish universities for EU applicants.

Still waiting for Scottish decisions. But expecting the same as the 3 English ones.

So I will still be stuck with the 'good question' 🤔😕😥
Original post by Xphoenix
I feel you... have to get the same...

Posted from TSR Mobile

what course??
Original post by alow

PRSOM
Original post by jneill

"All EU students are entitled to apply for a tuition fee loan from the UK Government. Even if you do not wish to take up this offer of a loan you are still required to go through the application process in order to receive the Cambridge Bursary.

"As EU students would not normally undergo a means test as part of this process you must complete an EU16B form which will be sent to you by the Student Loans Company once you have completed your application for the tuition fee loan."

"Most UK students do not need to apply separately for the Cambridge Bursary, you will be automatically assessed by the Student Loans Company as part of your application for student Finance from the UK Government."

So basically what jneill said...
@jneill Not sure if you know the answer to this, but anyway, do you know if you have to send mark/grade score "proof" to your college post-offer? My offer letter said they wanted some sort of proof of marks (although it was very vague) by the 31st July, yet when I emailed them about the same issue back in November, they said they would get such information from my School anyway, so I'm a bit confused.

Latest

Trending

Trending