The Student Room Group

EMERGENCY:Wrote an e-mail to Cambridge which they found 'threatening', BIG trouble...

They forwarded the email to my school and now my head of year is so pissed off...

He says Cambridge might even report me to UCAS and this might VOID my medical application.

As for what I wrote, was something along the lines of "I hope you live to regret this" and "I have nothing more to add"

Need an urgent good apology letter or my life is OVER!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Sigh. Consider the consequences of your petty, stupid actions next time.
Original post by answermenow
They forwarded the email to my school and now my head of year is so pissed off...

He says Cambridge might even report me to UCAS and this might VOID my medical application.

As for what I wrote, was something along the lines of "I hope you live to regret this" and "I have nothing more to add"

PLEASE HELP!!!!

live to regret what?
Reply 3
Original post by hezzlington
live to regret what?

it looks like cambridge rejected the poster, so the poster was basically telling them that they would live to regret rejecting him/her
Reply 4
Say in your apology letter that you didn't mean for it to sound so threatening, or something like that, and apologise and admit that the email was highly disrespectful and unprofessional. Maybe they'll be lenient, even though it's unlikely and you'll be very lucky if they do as it's a stupid thing to send
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by answermenow

PLEASE HELP!!!!

You brought this upon yourself. I'm assuming you wrote this email to cambridge because you were angry about them rejecting you. Cambridge is very selective and takes the time to consider all applications before deciding on who to take in and who to reject. You can't vent your anger like this; I can't understand how you thought it would be acceptable to do so. You should have thought of the consequences of sending an email containing such content before sending it off. You can't do much now. It might have been a heat of the moment thing, but you put it in an email and don't send it off. It may sound harsh, but I don't think anyone will give sympathy for this kind of behaviour- it is frankly very disrespectful, and maybe you will learn from the consequences.
Reply 7
Nah this has to be a troll post looooooooool
Assuming this isn't a troll (it's hard to tell) then a grovelling apology plea that it was in the heat of the moment, etc, seems like the best policy.....

....but it sounds to me that medicine is a really stupid thing for you to pick anyway. Having your university applications voided may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
Reply 9
Well, I thought I was immature and stupid as a med applicant but you topped me off.
Reply 10
LOL
Well, wasn't really necessary was it?
But you could post the email here millennial. I'd like to read :wink:
Original post by LisaNikita
Why do you apply for Cambridge if you know you wont get in? Sick of these state schools making all their "smart" kids apply and pretty much ruining the whole thing.

What are you on about? Most people who apply for Cambridge have the grades to get in. It simply needs to let go some because it's hugely competitive. The majority who apply do stand a chance.
Why do you apply for Cambridge if you know you wont get in? Sick of these state schools making all their "smart" kids apply and pretty much ruining the whole thing.

Ruining the whole thing? You mean creating competition? You're scared of competition because of your own mediocrity, aren't you?
Reply 15
o ffs literally burst out laughing when i read "I hope you live to regret this" :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
Please let this be a troll- it would be absolutely disgraceful if this person is actually applying to medicine.

If it is true: deal with the ****ing consequences that come your way. People with such a high ego and lack of professionalism piss me off.
Original post by Kyou
What are you on about? Most people who apply for Cambridge have the grades to get in. It simply needs to let go some because it's hugely competitive. The majority who apply do stand a chance.

it IS not JUST about HAVING the GRADES

hahah see what I did there neuro?
Not all state school kids are smart. Look at the grades.
it IS not JUST about HAVING the GRADES

hahah see what I did there neuro?

I think you're trying to put others off even trying to apply for Cambridge because you're insecure about your own mediocrity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending