The Student Room Group

Native language A-level

I am currently an AS student that would like to study for medicine in universities and I now have and did not consider to drop any of my 4 subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further maths ) so I will have 4 A-level grades(should be meeting the requirements due to my performance in mock this time) so will I still have an advantage doing the a-level of my native language because I have been told that a lot of universities especially applying for medicine did not consider the a-level of native language( if any did please tell me) ?
Should I still put my effort and money onto this then?
Thank you for your attention
Reply 1
Original post by Brian28msa
I am currently an AS student that would like to study for medicine in universities and I now have and did not consider to drop any of my 4 subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further maths ) so I will have 4 A-level grades(should be meeting the requirements due to my performance in mock this time) so will I still have an advantage doing the a-level of my native language because I have been told that a lot of universities especially applying for medicine did not consider the a-level of native language( if any did please tell me) ?
Should I still put my effort and money onto this then?
Thank you for your attention

The number of A-levels you do won't make a difference in your application, provided that you meet the minimum requirements. You won't have any advantages, it will just make things harder or you and its not going to help much. It would be far more better if you did more work experience, applied for summer school (honestly, they are VERY useful, for example I had the opportunity to see body dissection as well as talk to Medicine lecturers and admission tutors for a whole week) and other extracurricular activities to make your application stand out more.
Reply 2
I see thank you for your help I will definitely look at some summer school's information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending