The Student Room Group

Work Experience

So in year 12 my school makes you do work experience in yr 10 you could do anything you wanted for work experience but in yr 12 you have to do something related to your subjects or in relation to your future career. Well I study English, Psychology and Photography and I want to become a writer/director in the future but most work experience in film you have to be 18 or older so have no idea what type of work experience to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
Reply 1
Original post by Lozenge99
So in year 12 my school makes you do work experience in yr 10 you could do anything you wanted for work experience but in yr 12 you have to do something related to your subjects or in relation to your future career. Well I study English, Psychology and Photography and I want to become a writer/director in the future but most work experience in film you have to be 18 or older so have no idea what type of work experience to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Contact news agency, local council (have a look at administrative roles and such). Some freelance writing companies may accept you.

To be brutally honest, these work experience won't really be useful unless you know what career you want, and also not many fields accept work experience from students below university level education. I don't see why most school forces their students to do it.
Original post by kkboyk
Contact news agency, local council (have a look at administrative roles and such). Some freelance writing companies may accept you.

To be brutally honest, these work experience won't really be useful unless you know what career you want, and also not many fields accept work experience from students below university level education. I don't see why most school forces their students to do it.

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest