The Student Room Group

(URGENT) Difference between diploma/certificate of HE????

I need to know the difference between a diploma and a certicate of higher education I've selected certificate of HE and I wish to then transfer over to a brick uni once completed. However I've been told by a friend that I've made a mistake by doing this and that am better suited to diploma of HE because once I've completed the course I can transfer to brick uni and be in second year. I've been told that a certicate of HE is worth a foundation degree and that's not what I want to do can someone verify this Please help me!!!

Thanks
Original post by MGatsby
I need to know the difference between a diploma and a certicate of higher education I've selected certificate of HE and I wish to then transfer over to a brick uni once completed. However I've been told by a friend that I've made a mistake by doing this and that am better suited to diploma of HE because once I've completed the course I can transfer to brick uni and be in second year. I've been told that a certicate of HE is worth a foundation degree and that's not what I want to do can someone verify this Please help me!!!

Thanks

CertHE is 120 credits and equivalent to the first year of a three year degree or an HNC.

A DipHE is 240 credits and equivalent to the first two years of a three year degree or an HND or a Foundation Degree (note a foundation degree is NOT the same thing as an art foundation diploma or a foundation year).
has pq says.if its a hnc then its equal to the first year hnd second year. hnc is the first year of a hnd. however at ou you can get awards of certificates of higher education for 60 point units wife got two whilst studying her degree. if its one of them it counts for nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending