The Student Room Group

Is anyone doing Higher Business Management and Has sat the Prelims

Is anyone doing Higher Business Management and has sat the P & N prelims it would be much appreciated for any hints and for those who are sitting it soon?
Reply 1
Original post by James26488
Is anyone doing Higher Business Management and has sat the P & N prelims it would be much appreciated for any hints and for those who are sitting it soon?

Hi James, I have done my prelim, the marks that I lost were mostly because I used the wrong or missed out command words,
one major thing was that I never got told this but I did after the prelim that you need to relate to the case study throughout your questions in the section one area. For example if the question is on describe other sources of finance that the business could have used? Your answer would start of like the business has already used this and that but the other methods they could have approached that were..............

Leave extra 10min so that you can check there is no spelling mistakes because one spelling mistake can change your sentence completely I learned this after losing like 3 marks just because of stupid spelling mistake as it completely changed what I was saying and command words are vital in business higher if you forgetting use it no matter how correct and accurate your answer is you won't get the mark.

Last key thing is just study as much as you can!!
Reply 2
Original post by Lilly00
Hi James, I have done my prelim, the marks that I lost were mostly because I used the wrong or missed out command words,
one major thing was that I never got told this but I did after the prelim that you need to relate to the case study throughout your questions in the section one area. For example if the question is on describe other sources of finance that the business could have used? Your answer would start of like the business has already used this and that but the other methods they could have approached that were..............

Leave extra 10min so that you can check there is no spelling mistakes because one spelling mistake can change your sentence completely I learned this after losing like 3 marks just because of stupid spelling mistake as it completely changed what I was saying and command words are vital in business higher if you forgetting use it no matter how correct and accurate your answer is you won't get the mark.

Last key thing is just study as much as you can!!

Was your paper the resource store Ltd any hints would be appericated thanks for the tips
Reply 3
Original post by James26488
Was your paper the resource store Ltd any hints would be appericated thanks for the tips

Mine was on a charity not an ltd
Reply 4
Original post by Lilly00
Mine was on a charity not an ltd

No I mean that was the company that produces the prelims for higher business management it's like P & N but for Business The resource store LTD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending