The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
York are also slow... :colonhash:

I think LSE for economics win... original email said you'll hear 'Within 8 to 12 weeks of your application, or possibly more'.... in other words not within 8 to 12 weeks. And then after 14 weeks they sent an email saying that due to the large number of applications, the process was slower, and therefore it would be another '4 weeks, or possibly less or more'... clearly as mud 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
:smile:

They are bl**dy slow though... I have someone else waiting to hear from them with 4 out of 5 decisions already received.

York are also slow... :colonhash:

To be fair, application deadline for all universities except for Oxbridge (and medicine course) was only 10 days ago. Theyre still going through most of applications as we speak.
One of the university my daughter applied didn't give her offer until mid-march and another one end-Jan(?)/early-Feb(?). They were both a sort of unis many Oxbridge applicants typically put on their ucas list for her subject, and they need time to select right ones out of equally competitive applicants.
Cambridge why do you play with my emotions?! I received an Open Offer for law at Cambridge even after being rejected by Selwyn. I'm so happy! :biggrin:
Original post by Alvarezd1
Cambridge why do you play with my emotions?! I received an Open Offer for law at Cambridge even after being rejected by Selwyn. I'm so happy! :biggrin:

Wow congrats! You must be overjoyed :biggrin:
Original post by vinnie99
I think LSE for economics win... original email said you'll hear 'Within 8 to 12 weeks of your application, or possibly more'.... in other words not within 8 to 12 weeks. And then after 14 weeks they sent an email saying that due to the large number of applications, the process was slower, and therefore it would be another '4 weeks, or possibly less or more'... clearly as mud 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, they were the last offer my daughter received. I remember her receiving very similar email. And it was 5 yrs ago so maybe something never changes.......:biggrin:

See my earlier post. :wink:

Congrats!! :biggrin: Have you been thinking you were rejected all this while then? This must have been the best surprise ever.. :h:

Which college is underwriting your offer??
Original post by vincrows
To be fair, application deadline for all universities except for Oxbridge (and medicine course) was only 10 days ago. Theyre still going through most of applications as we speak.
One of the university my daughter applied didn't give her offer until mid-march and another one end-Jan(?)/early-Feb(?). They were both a sort of unis many Oxbridge applicants typically put on their ucas list for her subject, and they need time to select right ones out of equally competitive applicants.

Well Bristol have a >90% offer rate for this specific course, so not much thinking is needed. :smile:

But yes they can take until May...

Ooo! Another Open Offer holder.

Many congratulations!
Original post by jneill
Well Bristol have a >90% offer rate for this specific course, so not much thinking is needed. :smile:

But yes they can take until May...

Wasn't it towards the end of march universities had to let applicants know? Thought may deadline was for applicants to firm/insure.....
or an I remembering wrongly?
Original post by vincrows
Wasn't it towards the end of march universities had to let applicants know? Thought may deadline was for applicants to firm/insure.....
or an I remembering wrongly?

Nearly all will give their decisions by 31 March and if all decisions are received by then the applicant has until 4th May to make their choices. But the actual deadline for decisions is 5th May, with the applicant having a final choice deadline of 8th June if they received a "late" decision.

So yes 31 March for decisions and 4th May for firm/insure choices are the *usual* deadlines.
Original post by jneill
Nearly all will give their decisions by 31 March and if all decisions are received by then the applicant has until 4th May to make their choices. But the actual deadline for decisions is 5th May, with the applicant having a final choice deadline of 8th June if they received a "late" decision.

So yes 31 March for decisions and 4th May for firm/insure choices are the *usual* deadlines.

Hm choices choices

Still don't know what to insure its more than likely I'll end up at my insurance so need to be careful...
(edited 7 years ago)
Hm choices choices

Still don't know what to insure its more than likely I'll end up at my insurance so need to be careful...

I'm glad you edited that :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
I'm glad you edited that :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I realised my typing error 😂 Of course I'm firming Cambridge

Wow, awesome! Congrats! :smile:

Were you reinterviewed? Only explanation why it took so long for them to reply

So nice to have a positive outcome at the end of a long struggle. I think that you are probably twice as happy as those who get an offer when it is expected. Tip for life - always expect the worse, then generally it turns out better.

Congratulations!
Original post by Bunratty
So nice to have a positive outcome at the end of a long struggle. I think that you are probably twice as happy as those who get an offer when it is expected. Tip for life - always expect the worse, then generally it turns out better.

Congratulations!

prsom :smile:
Original post by k.russell
prsom :smile:

Whar does that mean? 😣
Whar does that mean? 😣

'Please Rate Some Other Member' literally. Basically, he can't rep you now because he's repped you recently, so he has to rep other people before he can rep you again.
Whar does that mean? 😣

Original post by fablereader
'Please Rate Some Other Member' literally. Basically, he can't rep you now because he's repped you recently, so he has to rep other people before he can rep you again.

I seem to get this with like 90% of the people I try to rate lol

Latest

Trending

Trending