The Student Room Group

Is a level business hard??

Is business really hard and does it have course
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I currently do Edexcel Business and I'm in Year 13. I'd say that business studies is a very easy subject, especially if you did GCSE Business Studies as it's a bit repetitive in places. I do it alongside economics and accounting and so they provide great help for me in business. The downside to business studies is however, the format of essays. I find the knowledge incredibly easy, but even in my latest mocks i achieved a D which is appalling considering im 5 months away from the real things. If you can get the format of writing early on you'll do well as a lot of answers come from the case study, and most of the time you can make something up so long as it isnt waffle and makes sense.
Original post by OllyMunson
I currently do Edexcel Business and I'm in Year 13. I'd say that business studies is a very easy subject, especially if you did GCSE Business Studies as it's a bit repetitive in places. I do it alongside economics and accounting and so they provide great help for me in business. The downside to business studies is however, the format of essays. I find the knowledge incredibly easy, but even in my latest mocks i achieved a D which is appalling considering im 5 months away from the real things. If you can get the format of writing early on you'll do well as a lot of answers come from the case study, and most of the time you can make something up so long as it isnt waffle and makes sense.

Hi, are you on the edexcel new Spec? I'm really struggling to find materials online for Theme 4, as my teacher isn't the best. Due to it being a new Spec, there's nothing online. I had the same teacher last year for Theme 1 and got a D in her unit, but an A in my other unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucymariexoxo
Hi, are you on the edexcel new Spec? I'm really struggling to find materials online for Theme 4, as my teacher isn't the best. Due to it being a new Spec, there's nothing online. I had the same teacher last year for Theme 1 and got a D in her unit, but an A in my other unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as material is concerned, a lot of theme 4 business studies goes well with my other subject I do being Economics. I've found many Youtube videos with are good as far as content is concerned, just type in the topics from the book. Also, if theme 4 is also a struggle I'd advise on a book I use which was created by Ian Marcouse who wrote this years specs and its very good and condensed notes. Also if you dont already use the big edexcel book in school (the blue one) i'd advise having a look at that too. If you don't have the book i'm willing to give you access to it via activelearn if you wish to read it.

Olly. :smile:
Original post by OllyMunson
As far as material is concerned, a lot of theme 4 business studies goes well with my other subject I do being Economics. I've found many Youtube videos with are good as far as content is concerned, just type in the topics from the book. Also, if theme 4 is also a struggle I'd advise on a book I use which was created by Ian Marcouse who wrote this years specs and its very good and condensed notes. Also if you dont already use the big edexcel book in school (the blue one) i'd advise having a look at that too. If you don't have the book i'm willing to give you access to it via activelearn if you wish to read it.

Olly. :smile:

Also, quick query? How you feeling in lessons? I always get D's on mocks even though I know the knowledge and find the questions difficult to do :/ How was you told to answer 10, 12, 20 markers?
Reply 6
Those doing new spec business A2 Edexcel, make a post where we can all share tips and knowledge. I got an A for my last 2 mocks and i'm happy to help people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in the first year of A Level Business, and since I can't speak for second years, I'll provide a first year answer. I will be speaking from the point of view of the AQA course.

An overview of the units you study in the first year are:
1. What is Business? - a basic introduction to the aims, missions, objectives, finances and processes within a business. Very useful if you've not studied it at GCSE etc.
2. Management & Leadership - the duties and styles of leaders/managers, the role and objectives of stakeholders, and the processes of decision making in a business.
3. Marketing - (my personal favourite) how a business effectively meets and satisfies the wants of customers, the various techniques involved in market research, and also the 7 p's of the marketing mix and how these are utilised in marketing strategies.
4. Operations Management - the process of production, productive efficiency/techniques, responsibilities of operations managers, operational objectives, demand, supply etc.
5. Finance - financial objectives, cash flow, profits, budgets, break-even graphs, sources of finance etc.
6. Human Resources (HR) - recruitment process, staff motivation, training techniques, employment law, termination of employment regulations, appraisals etc.

Personally, I love the course as business is my favourite subject. I love how it is so useful in real-world application, which I didn't find with some subjects at GCSE. Most of it is fairly easy to pick up, especially if you are motivated. It really helps if you've chosen complimentary A Level subjects too such as Economics, Politics, Law etc as many skills and content learned can be applied to different subjects.
its piss easy
I would say that the actual content in A-Level Business Studies is pretty easy. However, there is a hell of a lot of content in A-Level Business Studies.

If you are good at extended writing questions, then A-Level Business Studies exams really won't be a struggle... If you are looking for an in-depth answer to how hard A-Level Business Studies is check out this.

To summarise, the content in the a level is very easy (in my opinion) but there is a lot of content to cover.
Original post by Lucymariexoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll get the messerschmidt
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending