The Student Room Group

Including Household Income

I'm supposed to be getting a means tested bursary at my uni but they said that student finance hadn't given them my income details so I rang them up and they now say that I have to fill in and send in a form even through last spring when I initially applied for my finance I asked about this and I was told that I didn't need to send anything in. Now that I do apparently have to send this form in I'm just wondering how they will work out my income as there isn't a box to declare my income and because I'm over 25 it is based purely on mine but there doesn't seem to be a separate form for that, only one for parents and partners. Can anyone help with how I'm supposed to declare it?
Hi Tania

If you are over 25, we don't require any evidence, just information about your income.

The amount you will receive is based on where you will be living during your course and if you are eligible for benefits.

Hope this helps
Reply 2
I'm living at home and commuting and I don't receive any benefits but I do work part time so surely I need to declare that income somehow? Also I don't actually need the extra money from being means tested it's just to get the bursary.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TaniaB87
I'm living at home and commuting and I don't receive any benefits but I do work part time so surely I need to declare that income somehow? Also I don't actually need the extra money from being means tested it's just to get the bursary.

You only need to declare your estimated unearned income for the year - usually this would be if you have income from a trust fund or from a rental property or taxable interest from your savings.

Income from a part time or holiday job and the money you receive from student finance or your university is specifically EXCLUDED from the income that SFE ask for.
Reply 4
Thank you that's much clearer.

Quick Reply