The Student Room Group

Trump 'to sign orders restricting refugees from Muslim nations'

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Trump and his trumpanzees are really embracing his "Let's make America a safe space" SJW-inspired ideology.
Reply 2
Original post by Quantex
Trump and his trumpanzees are really embracing his "Let's make America a safe space" SJW-inspired ideology.

There are significant numbers of people in the countries cited that are utterly hostile towards the West. It makes perfect sense to halt immigration from these places and every Western nation should have done so years ago. Would you have allowed migrants from the Axis Powers during World War Two?
(edited 7 years ago)
The wall is going to be very very expensive venture. I am not sure congress will approve. Tbh the money could have gone to more security personnel at borders. A more feasible and cost effective option.
Original post by Wōden
There are significant numbers of people in the countries cited that are utterly hostile towards the West. It makes perfect sense to halt immigration from these places and every Western nation should have done so years ago. Would you have allowed migrants from the Axis Powers during World War Two?
Whilst I am no supporter of Trump, I do however concur with this proposal (but, rather than completely halt it, I think it would be better to make the process far more stringent and reduce the overall numbers coming from those locations).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by JRKinder
Whilst I am no supporter of Trump, I do however concur with this proposal (but, rather than completely halt it, I think it would be better to make the process far more stringent and reduce the overall numbers coming from those locations).

Why even bother taking the risk? We [the West] do not need these people in our countries, period. If America requires migrants then why not source them from areas that aren't third world hellholes, such as Europe, Australia, Canada and East Asia?
[video="youtube;PNrt7_DbLG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNrt7_DbLG0[/video]
Reply 7
Original post by Quantex

Your typical smug and haughty attitude aside, what exactly is it about this policy you object to? Are you saying Trump shouldn't take measures to prevent dangerous Islamic radicals from coming to America?
Trump is actually advocating 'Extreme vetting' of people from these countries.

In practical terms, that means no refugees as they are all-but-impossible to vet.

He's also signing an executive order to implement his wall. I'm hoping he gets as much pushback on these things as Obama did on his executive orders implementing universal health care. I don't hate Trump - I think a few of his nominations have been inspired(Mad Dog and DeVos to be exact). But he's a statist through and through representing a group of people who are ostensibly individualists.

I am extremely uneasy with the way he's centralizing power and the ease with which he's doing it. I don't think he's the problem, though - I think the guy -after- Trump is going to be the scary guy.
Original post by Wōden
Why even bother taking the risk? We [the West] do not need these people in our countries, period. If America requires migrants then why not source them from areas that aren't third world hellholes, such as Europe, Australia, Canada and East Asia?
Again, I agree, we should prioritise migration from these areas. I was more referring to if a specific skill, piece of knowledge, or business connection could only be sourced from one of these regions, then after sufficient vetting they should be permitted entry. For example, if a tech innovator happened to originate from one of these countries (even if it is unlikely), the pragmatic thing to do is to allow them here so that their business may be based here and create jobs and tax revenue for us. However, for people who aren't 'unique', so those with replaceable skills, yes, immigrants in these areas should be sourced from the West, East Asia, Australia etc.
Original post by Wōden

This
Build the wall
Build it tall
Deport them all
Original post by Wōden

There are significant numbers of people born in THIS country who are utterly hostile towards the West. There seem to be a good few even on this Forum.
I notice Saudi Arabia is not on that list.Wonder why? Wouldn't want to annoy them would we?
To be fair stopping immigration would probably largely solve the Islamic terrorism problem.It would be a lot better though if he restricted access to guns whiles he's at it.But I don't see that happening.
Original post by Ladbants
Build the wall
Build it tall
Deport them all

Who would you be deporting?
Refugees, muslims or brown people?
any news on if muslim petrolheads who want to see f1 in austin or moto gp at laguna seca (or visit california / new york as tourists) are banned?

personally, I think restricting imigration to non urgent people (Ie those who aren't innocent/ hard-working people from war-torn countries) is a good thing. sad reality is that documents can be forged quite easily and rather unfortunately criminals and terrorists can be mixed easily with the good people.

imo all people from every single country around the world should have their biometric data recorded on worldwide security databases (like airports) and a universal enhanced DBS. your DBS shows your a rapist/muderer/violent offender, you should be denied access to any country unless you are are a proven reformer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Who would you be deporting?
Refugees, muslims or brown people?

Everyone
Whites, blacks, browns, yellows
Make America Native Again
Everyone

Are you American?
Where would you be deporting all these people to? It seems you would be having people deporting themselves. On that basis even Donald would have to go.

You do say such silly things.
Everyone

So deport everyone that isn't a Native American?
Original post by 999tigger
Are you American?
Where would you be deporting all these people to? It seems you would be having people deporting themselves. On that basis even Donald would have to go.

You do say such silly things.

Deport them to the moon. America's gone here before and the immigrants can go there again.
Original post by StrawbAri
So deport everyone that isn't a Native American?

deport everyone except the Native Americans (Indians)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending