The Student Room Group

Should I transfer colleges?

So I'm thinking of transferring college. Reason is because the other college is MUCH better with teaching, facilities etc and the college I'm in now isn't really a good place for me.
But, the other colleges exam boards are different to mine, so I chose bio,chem and maths and all are AQA. But at the other college Maths and Chem are Edexcel and Bio is OCR. Is there a bug difference between them? And I want AAA at the end of A level, would transferring very worth it at the end?
Reply 1
Original post by afghan-superman
So I'm thinking of transferring college. Reason is because the other college is MUCH better with teaching, facilities etc and the college I'm in now isn't really a good place for me.
But, the other colleges exam boards are different to mine, so I chose bio,chem and maths and all are AQA. But at the other college Maths and Chem are Edexcel and Bio is OCR. Is there a bug difference between them? And I want AAA at the end of A level, would transferring very worth it at the end?

You should contact the college you want to go to and ask them if the courses are similar enough for you to transfer. I would imagine you would have to teach yourself some parts of the course you have missed and not covered at your current college with you doing different exam boards.

Quick Reply

Latest