The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alvarezd1
cambridge why do you play with my emotions?! I received an open offer for law at cambridge even after being rejected by selwyn. I'm so happy! :d

congrats!!!!!! 🎉🎊
Original post by fablereader
'Please Rate Some Other Member' literally. Basically, he can't rep you now because he's repped you recently, so he has to rep other people before he can rep you again.

Original post by k.russell
I seem to get this with like 90% of the people I try to rate lol

You aren't really trying unless you get yharapbtur :smile:
Original post by jneill
You aren't really trying unless you get yharapbtur :smile:

I haven't seen that before! To be like the 90%, what is it?
I haven't seen that before! What is it?

You Have Already Rated A Post By this User Recently.

I'm never entirely clear the circumstances of getting this instead of PRSOM - but it's pretty cool.

Attachment not found
I haven't seen that before! To be like the 90%, what is it?

it means hello in sanskrit I promise..
Original post by jneill

I'm never entirely clear the circumstances of getting this instead of PRSOM - but it's pretty cool.

Attachment not found

It does sound like something to desire ...

it means hello in sanskrit I promise..

*dissolve into laughter*
'Please Rate Some Other Member' literally. Basically, he can't rep you now because he's repped you recently, so he has to rep other people before he can rep you again.

I assume 'rep' and rate are the same thing, and are done by clicking the little green first aid sign below the person's name.

I have done so for you and krussel.

What is the point of this?
Original post by Bunratty
I assume 'rep' and rate are the same thing, and are done by clicking the little green first aid sign below the person's name.

Yep.

Basically to show appreciation, I think. However, the more you get, the more of those green gems you see below everyone's names will increase. Also, I think you get titles with those gems. For instance, you are an 'Exalted Member' and I'm a 'Peer Of The TSR Realm'. I'm not sure about this last point, though. Here's the TSR page on it: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep
(edited 7 years ago)

It just means you either agree with a post or found it funny or something. Like a like on facebook
It just means you either agree with a post or found it funny or something. Like a like on facebook

I don't do facebook.
Yep.

Basically to show appreciation, I think. However, the more you get, the more of those green gems you see below everyone's names will increase. Also, I think you get titles with those gems. For instance, you are an 'Exalted Member' and I'm a 'Peer Of The TSR Realm'. I'm not sure about this last point, though. Here's the TSR page on it: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep

I don't do facebook.

ah I see, point still stands tho
Original post by jneill

Attachment not found

I think PRSOM happens when you've already repped a post by that user some time ago, and it doesn't let you only rep one person over and over again. yharapbtur happens when you've repped plenty of other people too but want to rep one person twice within a time frame too small (I thought it was like 24 hours or so) and it won't let you. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Original post by jneill

Attachment not found

You can see our community records? Oh dear... :hide:
Original post by Mathemagicien
You can see our community records? Oh dear... :hide:

Not constructive :wink:
Original post by jneill
Not constructive :wink:

tfw all those posting tips will never expire :frown:
Original post by Mathemagicien
tfw all those posting tips will never expire :frown:

They do if you become an ST - you can expire any tips you've been given :biggrin:
I don't do facebook.

You might need to - a lot of the JCRs and uni societies use Facebook actively. (Not just at Cambridge)
Original post by jneill
You might need to - a lot of the JCRs and uni societies use Facebook actively. (Not just at Cambridge)

I second this. There will be stuff you miss out on if you don't have Facebook, I can all but guarantee.
Original post by jneill
They do if you become an ST - you can expire any tips you've been given :biggrin:

See people? Let me tell you. An extremely credible source has contacted me and told me the system is rigged. Rigged, I tell you. Unpresidented!

Latest

Trending

Trending