The Student Room Group

Ambitious Futures Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Anyone applied for Edinburgh? I submitted mine on 10 December and it's still "Under Review." Maybe unis that only take their own graduates need more time to assess applications internally...
Original post by Sixtine
Anyone applied for Edinburgh? I submitted mine on 10 December and it's still "Under Review." Maybe unis that only take their own graduates need more time to assess applications internally...

I applied around the same time for York, who only take their own, and I'm still "under review" so hopefully!
Reply 82
Best of luck to those of you with interviews scheduled and be sure to let us know how it goes!
Reply 83
Yeah Ive heard nothing from Glasgow yet :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by Jamso
Yeah Ive heard nothing from Glasgow yet :frown:

I wouldn't worry I saw on the Ambitious Futures twitter they said they aren't setting up a lot of phone interviews until after the deadline
Reply 85
Original post by slp95
I wouldn't worry I saw on the Ambitious Futures twitter they said they aren't setting up a lot of phone interviews until after the deadline

Ya Youre right. Are you also applying for Glasgow?
Reply 86
Original post by Jamso
Ya Youre right. Are you also applying for Glasgow?

No I'm not so you don't have any competition from me, haha!
anyone applying to manchester?
I had my telephone interview this morning and I think it went okay. It was my first ever telephone interview, it was quite structured but the interviewer warned me of that before we started. The hold music when you are waiting to connect was sooooo intense!
Reply 89
Original post by JLKeating
I had my telephone interview this morning and I think it went okay. It was my first ever telephone interview, it was quite structured but the interviewer warned me of that before we started. The hold music when you are waiting to connect was sooooo intense!

So happy it went okay for you! In what way was it structured? Are they quite conversational or just formal?
Original post by slp95
So happy it went okay for you! In what way was it structured? Are they quite conversational or just formal?

It was very formal and they just move through the questions one by one. I was a bit surprised because I didn't know what to expect and thought it might've been a bit more conversational but I suppose they have to keep it formal so that they can compare applicants more easily. Because they were taking notes as well, it meant anything I said was usually met with silence unless it was time for another question.
Reply 91
It was very formal and they just move through the questions one by one. I was a bit surprised because I didn't know what to expect and thought it might've been a bit more conversational but I suppose they have to keep it formal so that they can compare applicants more easily. Because they were taking notes as well, it meant anything I said was usually met with silence unless it was time for another question.

Oooft. Glad it went OK. Were the questions really related to the criteria that they give?
Original post by Jamso
Oooft. Glad it went OK. Were the questions really related to the criteria that they give?

They were definitely competency based, so kind of similar to part of the application!
Reply 93
They were definitely competency based, so kind of similar to part of the application!

Yaaaa. Wonder when youll find out result
Reply 94
anyone else heard back yet?
Reply 95
I had my interview yesterday and mine felt quite conversational, but they did say not to worry if we haven't heard back for quite some time, and not to think we had been forgotten! Sounded like they had a lot more applicants to call!
Reply 96
Hi guys, I applied late last week, just before the deadline so unsurprisingly haven't heard anything yet! Anyone else out in quite a late application?
who else is still waiting to hear back?
Original post by Manchester_Grad
who else is still waiting to hear back?

Had my interview last week and still waiting. I don't think we'll get anything until they've interviewed the late applicants
Reply 99
I applied on Friday and had my phone interview Tuesday :smile: The phone interview imo was horrific (almost too conversational - I couldn't tell whether she felt sorry for me.) I got onto Teach First so I'm no stranger to assessment centres and interviews, but I was really nervous.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending