The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fablereader
I got invited to a couple for some reason, despite not being an offer holder. :confused:

That's because everyone loves you and values you so much! :h:
im assuming offers are starting to come through track now :redface: ahhh
Reply 282
Original post by Pentaquark
im assuming offers are starting to come through track now :redface: ahhh

Yeah I just got mine through track :smile: really happy and relieved, was scared that it was a mistake and they will reject me on track
Original post by scblx
Yeah I just got mine through track :smile: really happy and relieved, was scared that it was a mistake and they will reject me on track

oooh exciting :biggrin: ahh any ideas where you are going to insure?
Original post by scblx

Just got mine, too... and I'm also relieved it wasn't all a mistake!
It's officially not an admin error! Still can't reply though, Exeter, so slow.
And... Track has updated :biggrin:
ahhh track has updatedd:biggrin: omg i need to decide on an insurance now
I very ironically ended up with oxford being the one which required the lowest scores so it would logically have had to be the insurance choice!! Now I'm literally stuck with either oxford or nothing since if I don't get the grades for it I don't get the grades for any of the others 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol
Original post by dinliltla
I very ironically ended up with oxford being the one which required the lowest scores so it would logically have had to be the insurance choice!! Now I'm literally stuck with either oxford or nothing since if I don't get the grades for it I don't get the grades for any of the others 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course?
Original post by LisaNikita
What course?

Biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Undergraduate?
Original post by LisaNikita
Undergraduate?

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Original post by dinliltla

Posted from TSR Mobile

But are other Unis likely to be more lenient if you miss their grades than Oxford, despite it being a higher offer e.g. If your Oxford offer is AAA but you end up getting either A*A*B or A*AB would a non-Oxford A*AA offer be more likely to accept you than Oxford at AAA.

Reason I ask is that my daughter is in a similar position (Oxford Law AAA, Durham Law A*AA)
this triggers me so much to write again on anything to do with oxford but...

whats the best way to contact them for feedback? my Ucas is not ticked to relay information backed to my referee, so

should i just reply to the rejection email/guy who sent it asking for feedback?
Reply 296
Original post by Pentaquark
oooh exciting :biggrin: ahh any ideas where you are going to insure?

I technically don't need an insurance because my offer is technically unconditional (weirdly though conditional on ucas, my letter said conditional on verification or stuff like that)
I have an offer for PPE and currently only have two offers in total so I would put Warwick as insurance :smile: wbu?
Original post by scblx
I technically don't need an insurance because my offer is technically unconditional (weirdly though conditional on ucas, my letter said conditional on verification or stuff like that)
I have an offer for PPE and currently only have two offers in total so I would put Warwick as insurance :smile: wbu?

ohhh right :smile: ive put imperial. im glad its all over and done with now!
A sigh of relief.
Original post by scblx

My Oxford UCAS offer sounds similar. The condition is just to send in verification of results (that I listed on the application) of tests already taken. Mine are ACT and AP.

Do we have to wait for all other programs to respond before firming Oxford? And do we need an insurance if we've already met the Oxford offer?

Shh, I'm too busy for revenge right now, will get back to it later. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending