The Student Room Group

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump orders the wall to be built.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndrewSCO
Can someone explain to me how the USA can just decide *they* want a wall along the border and then just make Mexico pay for it...?

There are different methods:
1) Tell them straight up "you are paying for it"
2) Negotiate- Trump is a master negotiator, he can literally negotiate a deal where the Mexican president sucks his willy in front of all the G20 leaders during a live broadcast.
3) Put a tax on all money entering Mexico from the US, such as on payments being sent home by immigrants in the us to Mexico
4) Threaten to stop trade deals with Mexico
5) Morec complicated methods
Original post by SHallowvale
Wait until Trump discovers that ladders exist.

And how will they get down?
Original post by 999tigger
How does it boost the US economy (other than for all builders and border guards etc)?

*that moment when hypocritical Keynesians say nothing at all*
Original post by l'etranger
*that moment when hypocritical Keynesians say nothing at all*

How does it boost the US economy. Feel free to explain.
Original post by queen-bee
Love>wall

Jesus christ, this is the extent of leftist arguments :lol:
How does it boost the US economy (other than for all builders and border guards etc)?

The extra money the US government makes from Mexico having to pay additional tariffs...

Which can then be spent on w/e
Original post by Metal Gear

I'm not a leftist? I'm a humanitarian. Just following the loving example of Christ <3
Original post by Ladbants
There are different methods:
1) Tell them straight up "you are paying for it"
2) Negotiate- Trump is a master negotiator, he can literally negotiate a deal where the Mexican president sucks his willy in front of all the G20 leaders during a live broadcast.
3) Put a tax on all money entering Mexico from the US, such as on payments being sent home by immigrants in the us to Mexico
4) Threaten to stop trade deals with Mexico
5) Morec complicated methods

1. They have already refused (unsurpisingly).
2. That is a juvenile explanation.
3. Wont that be difficult of he is deporting them all. Easily bypassed by sending it via another country or other people.
4. If its a trade war and tariffs, then it will hurt the US as well.
5. I like more complicated methods. Your best answer and solves everything.
I'm not a leftist? I'm a humanitarian. Just following the loving example of Christ <3

Sure, let's leave the border completely open and let everyone in (including the cartels who by the way skin rival gang members alive as punishment) because love>laws and security.
Building the wall is a job creating programme. Will he increase border patrol? It is a long border.

Exactly, absolute lunacy
Original post by TorpidPhil
The extra money the US government makes from Mexico having to pay additional tariffs...

Which can then be spent on w/e

If tariffs were really superior then we would live in a protectionist world and would eschew free trade..

How much money will the tariffs raise and how much will the wall cost?
How does it boost the US economy. Feel free to explain.

Government spending will create jobs and people will work in those jobs and they will get paid for working those jobs and in turn they will buy things with their paycheck which will create other jobs. No mainstream economist disputes this given that Keynesian economics is the mainstream school of economic thought, but when Trump talks about it, suddenly it's insane.
Government spending will create jobs and people will work in those jobs and they will get paid for working those jobs and in turn they will buy things with their paycheck which will create other jobs. No mainstream economist disputes this given that Keynesian economics is the mainstream school of economic thought, but when Trump talks about it, suddenly it's insane.

Not to mention illegal worker do not pay tax and send most of it back to Mexico.
Reply 34
Hopefully there'll be machine gun posts too tbh.

Do you actually think the wall will be built?
if he survives he will be remembered as a great president
Sure, let's leave the border completely open and let everyone in (including the cartels who by the way skin rival gang members alive as punishment) because love>laws and security.

All we need is love and justice and fairness for all <3
All we need is love and justice and fairness for all <3

100% convinced me

let's completely open the border and let everyone in
Original post by Abusive
Do you actually think the wall will be built?

Yes. If China built a wall without modern technology I think America can do the same now.

Not to mention illegal worker do not pay tax and send most of it back to Mexico.

Even if it's not good for the economy on the whole, it will be good for middle America.

Arent you making the assumption that the wall is going to be an effective immigration tool? Will these new workers, work for the lower salaries the Mexicans work for? If not ownt that push up prices and cause inflation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending