The Student Room Group

Homeschooled looking to study in USA - Predicted Grades

Hello,

I am an A Level student supposed to be in year 12, however I am studying my courses privately instead. I am looking to apply in 2018 and being already familiar with the USA College application procedure, I just wanted to know how a student would obtain the predicted grades needed to give the universities as I am not in a school that would give them.

Thanks

Answers appreciated :smile:
Original post by navidenipitiya
Hello,

I am an A Level student supposed to be in year 12, however I am studying my courses privately instead. I am looking to apply in 2018 and being already familiar with the USA College application procedure, I just wanted to know how a student would obtain the predicted grades needed to give the universities as I am not in a school that would give them.

Thanks

Answers appreciated :smile:

when you say privately do you have any tutors?
Yes, they are there to mark the occasional assignment to make sure I am reaching the grade I want however do not help me beyond that, I teach myself completely.
Yes, they are there to mark the occasional assignment to make sure I am reaching the grade I want however do not help me beyond that, I teach myself completely.

perhaps they could predicted grades for you?
Original post by claireestelle
perhaps they could predicted grades for you?

I didn't think they would have as much qualification as a school for example. But thank you!
Reply 5
I didn't think they would have as much qualification as a school for example. But thank you!

They don't need to be a school. So long as they are an independent person (e.g.. not your immediate family) it's fine.

See the info here:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference
Original post by jneill
They don't need to be a school. So long as they are an independent person (e.g.. not your immediate family) it's fine.

See the info here:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Thank you so much this is what I needed to see!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending