The Student Room Group

What words do you find hard to say or pronounce?

Scroll to see replies

'Decision'. I stumble every single time!
Reply 61
I couldn't pronounce enemy when I was a kid. It was always came out as 'emy-may'. I couldn't say it properly until I was about 12 :colondollar:
Original post by elnino1.0
Lol same I always end up pronouncing the r like a w :/

and squirrel! 😂🙈 being German doesn't excuse how badly I **** up whenever I try to say it so I just avoid the topic completely 😂

Hahaha I can just about pronounce squirrel but I just remembered that I can't say 'brain' either 😂
Original post by elnino1.0
Lol same I always end up pronouncing the r like a w :/

and squirrel! 😂🙈 being German doesn't excuse how badly I **** up whenever I try to say it so I just avoid the topic completely 😂

I guess it works both ways cause I have to really think when saying "Eichhörnchen" :| I always think there's an n after the i, I don't wanna talk about squirrels when I do my research abroad in Germany :lol::lol:
Well, I got time to practise :tongue:
Original post by Kamara7
I guess it works both ways cause I have to really think when saying "Eichhörnchen" :| I always think there's an n after the i, I don't wanna talk about squirrels when I do my research abroad in Germany :lol::lol:
Well, I got time to practise :tongue:

Try rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz (real word!) for size
Reply 65
Prussia.
Original post by MadVisionary
Try rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz (real word!) for size

Not this word again :lol:
I had to pause at first after Fleisch, but now I can say it fine :smile: Eichhörnchen on the other hand.... that first syllable trips me up all the time if I say it in a sentence :lol:
Original post by Kamara7
Not this word again :lol:
I had to pause at first after Fleisch, but now I can say it fine :smile: Eichhörnchen on the other hand.... that first syllable trips me up all the time if I say it in a sentence :lol:

Alright alright how about Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
Haha yeah it feels natural to put an n after the i :laugh: practice. Repeat it. Over and over. For ever.
Original post by MadVisionary
Alright alright how about Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
Haha yeah it feels natural to put an n after the i :laugh: practice. Repeat it. Over and over. For ever.

Oh god, who would make such a word? :lol: This is what I plan to do, saying Eichhörnchen will probably end up being a life-or-death situation knowing the laws of the universe
Original post by Kamara7
Oh god, who would make such a word? :lol: This is what I plan to do, saying Eichhörnchen will probably end up being a life-or-death situation knowing the laws of the universe

Yep. Like you'll be trapped in a room full of terrorists and they're like 'PRONOUNCE EICHHÖRNCHEN OR EVERYBODY IN THIS BUILDING DIES'. It could happen! Don't get killed that way. That would be a stupid way to die. :lol:
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is supposed to be a really difficult word to say but I have never heard of it. Quaoar technically isnt a word but a species of algae. Have absolutely no idea how you would pronounce it.
Free/three. Just because of the area I live in and everyone says free instead of three, though sometimes when I'm on the phone for example I have no problem saying three properly, but then I might want to say free but end up pronouncing it like I'm saying three like "Is that buy one, get one three?" :rofl:

Sorry if that made f***ing 0 sense.

Quick Reply

Latest