The Student Room Group

Am I fat? How much weight should I lose? Female/5'5 PHOTOS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kagutsuchi
I was really just being an ass because you said you'd posted the link to FAQ on routines 3 times already.

I don't need help. :tea:

An emoji would have convey'd your sarcasm/attempt at irony.

All you did is just add yet another POINTLESS post to the many Pointless/misinformed posts that are already clogging this car crash of a thread up.
Deleted/edited so much nonsense.

People should post their opinions in here.

We don't need more discussion on 'toning' or 'ab workouts' or any other rubbish.

The FAQ should be read.

If you want to change then lift weights and track your calories.
Original post by Unistudent77
Deleted/edited so much nonsense.

People should post their opinions in here.

We don't need more discussion on 'toning' or 'ab workouts' or any other rubbish.

The FAQ should be read.

If you want to change then lift weights and track your calories.

What's wrong with people discussing ab workouts or toning on a thread where someone is self conscious and is asking for opinions and advice?

You're saying people should post their opinions, but not give advice? But then you've ended your reply with advice?

Are you okay?
What's wrong with people discussing ab workouts or toning on a thread where someone is self conscious and is asking for opinions and advice?

Posts should contribute to helping OP or just posting an opinion.

The aforementioned 'turn stomach fat to muscle' by doing 'ab workouts' is nonsense.

You CANNOT spot reduce fat. So it is a myth and therefore has been criticised... It is incorrect.

I did not delete the post about 'toning' but it isn't really a word.

To tone means to add muscle and lose body fat. Therefore weights must be lifted (or bodyweight exercises/some high intensity sports etc) with calories tracked.

OP doesn't have to do this but her insecurity would be gone if she did.

Lastly, i am as anti-Trump as you are. Your posts were adding nothing to the thread. The one i am replying to is fine.

This thread is a car crash due to so much misinformation. I am trying to get rid of the incorrect stuff.

Please don't just post posts which are not adding anything. Cheers
(edited 7 years ago)
Posts should contribute to helping OP or just posting an opinion.

The aforementioned 'turn stomach fat to muscle' by doing 'ab workouts' is nonsense.

You CANNOT spot reduce fat. So it is a myth and therefore has been criticised... It is incorrect.

I did not delete the post about 'toning' but it isn't really a word.

To tone means to add muscle and lose body fat. Therefore weights must be lifted (or bodyweight exercises/some high intensity sports etc) with calories tracked.

OP doesn't have to do this but her insecurity would be gone if she did.

Lastly, i am as anti-Trump as you are. Your posts were adding nothing to the thread. The one i am replying to is fine.

This thread is a car crash due to so much misinformation. I am trying to get rid of the incorrect stuff.

Please don't just post posts which are not adding anything. Cheers

If someone posts their opinion on ab workouts, toning, or spot reducing, and you view them as misinformed, then they will be challenged. There is no need to start removing or editing posts - a tad authoritarian imo.

But as I've said to you via PM, I don't care anymore. Let's not continue this. Do what you want. It's your world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by small.littlefish
I'm 5'5 9 st 13lbs .... I think i'm pretty fat/chubby so would like to lose weight... At
which weight do I look best? Or none ! How much weight should I lose - best
methods?

I'm not being vain/fishing for compliments, just need some motivation to get going !!
http://i68.tinypic.com/2eb70gn.jpg

tbh the way you described yourself made me think you were fat. But when I saw the photos, you don`t look fat at all. You look like you`re in a comfortable bmi number ^.^

also plz plz plz remember that loosing too much weight can backfire on metabolism and all in the long run. Have you maybe been deliberately restricting in the past to lose weight?
If someone posts their opinion on ab workouts, toning, or spot reducing, and you view them as misinformed, then they will be challenged. There is no need to start removing or editing posts - a tad authoritarian imo.

But as I've said to you via PM, I don't care anymore. Let's not continue this. Do what you want. It's your world.

And as said through PM, there was no debate.
A complete lack of decent advice (some good posts but outnumbered) and therefore the thread needed cleaned.

Your posts and attempts at wasting everyone's time was the last straw so if you hadn't been trying to get a bite then i wouldn't have needed to moderate so strongly
"wasting everyone's time" was a joke post asking you to repeat something which you said you previously stated 3 times already.

I then found it sad that you didn't have the intelligence to understand I was taking the piss, so I explained it was a joke.

If after that little "incident" you found the need to "moderate so strongly", then perhaps you're more insecure than the OP is.

You claim you're all high and mighty, a leader of the proletariat (calling me authoritarian) and yet you fall to 'didn't have the intelligence'.
If that isn't having a go at me, idk what is.

So, since none of your recent posts in this thread (since i removed a few of them) have had ANY positive benefit to this thread, we will end this chat.

If you continue, i will delete.

'More insecure than the OP is'

AGAIN, how is this relevant?
Being aggressive oncemore.

Stop trolling
wow - I'm an inch taller than you and 3 stone lighter
although admittedly, apparently I'm quite thin
one of my good friends is 5'9/5'10 and 8.5/9 stone though
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
You're not a walrus but you could do with losing a few pounds, just cut back on your calories or do some crunches
Your BMI is in the normal range. You should focus on exercising regularly (if you don't already) rather than your weight.
you have a great body shape, maybe do some core stuff because from comparing images, i can see that you have put on a bit of extra weight on your tummy, but only minor, and try to define your arms a bit more, maybe have a go at your legs/bum whatever makes you comfortable
Original post by Mimi9335
tbh the way you described yourself made me think you were fat. But when I saw the photos, you don`t look fat at all. You look like you`re in a comfortable bmi number ^.^

also plz plz plz remember that loosing too much weight can backfire on metabolism and all in the long run. Have you maybe been deliberately restricting in the past to lose weight?

Thanks. Not that I know if, when I lose weight I always do it through eating only plants, veg, nearly no meat and very healthy foods and exercise. I don't count calories but since most meals constist of only veg etc. I guess my calories between 1200-1700 daily.

I couldn't restrict myself that much 😂
Original post by foreverfailing00
you have a great body shape, maybe do some core stuff because from comparing images, i can see that you have put on a bit of extra weight on your tummy, but only minor, and try to define your arms a bit more, maybe have a go at your legs/bum whatever makes you comfortable

Thanks. I usually faluate between weights, but I'm 7lbs heavier than my highest weight ever, don't want to just keep getting higher - yikes!
Original post by DerpTwerk
wow - I'm an inch taller than you and 3 stone lighter
although admittedly, apparently I'm quite thin
one of my good friends is 5'9/5'10 and 8.5/9 stone though

I'm naturally thin most of my life, but always healthy bmi of about 19. Not to be rude but that weight and height it's not healthy to be at and they might face health is problems if they're not careful!
"wasting everyone's time" was a joke post asking you to repeat something which you said you previously stated 3 times already.

I then found it sad that you didn't have the intelligence to understand I was taking the piss, so I explained it was a joke.

If after that little "incident" you found the need to "moderate so strongly", then perhaps you're more insecure than the OP is.

But I'm not insecure. Just want opinions since irl friends/family lie to not hurt feelings, but the internet doesn't.
I'm naturally thin most of my life, but always healthy bmi of about 19. Not to be rude but that weight and height it's not healthy to be at and they might face health is problems if they're not careful!

"skinny" was always the adjective before his name :lol:
and really? I just did a BMI calculation and apparently your BMI is 30?;

"Your BMI is: 30.3kg/m²
"Obese""
But I'm not insecure. Just want opinions since irl friends/family lie to not hurt feelings, but the internet doesn't.

You're not fat but you are 'skinny fat' to an extent imo.

A bit of weight training and cardio would help you out and if you track calories then you can get sub 9st
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DerpTwerk
"skinny" was always the adjective before his name :lol:
and really? I just did a BMI calculation and apparently your BMI is 30?;

"Your BMI is: 30.3kg/m²
"Obese""

My bmi is 23. Where did you get 30? 😳

I thought I was bad at maths 😉
You're not fat but you are 'skinny fat' to an extent imo.

A bit of weight training and cardio would help you out and if you track calories that you can get sub 9st

Ok thanks , I personally like me weight best at 8st 9lbs

Quick Reply

Latest