The Student Room Group

Supreme x Louis Vuitton

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EC
I appreciate you even more. :five:

My city is full of females and their Givenchy bags. Lol.

It's simple and goes with everything :yep:

Ngl I want the Fendi Key chains. Some people don't get the hype but idk I just look how it looks on a handbag :colondollar:
Original post by habeas.corpus
I very nearly bought an Antigona once. I was put off how everyone has one and I'm not that keen on the rigid and clunky shape!

Yeah, it does look and feel a bit boxy - it looks nice but wouldn't be comfortable in use.
Original post by hezzlington
Terrible brand that how some manages to pull of the 'exclusivity' thing it does with limited releases. The clothing is harrowing and overpriced. It is the go to brand for people that 'collect' clothing.

They sell the clothes for double it's price on Ebay.
Original post by saraxh

Only to then spend that money on another ridiculously priced piece.
Original post by saraxh
It's simple and goes with everything :yep:

Ngl I want the Fendi Key chains. Some people don't get the hype but idk I just look how it looks on a handbag :colondollar:

They're worthless :colonhash: - huge and impractical imo, slightly reminiscent of a kids toy :colonhash:
Terrible brand that how some manages to pull of the 'exclusivity' thing it does with limited releases. The clothing is harrowing and overpriced. It is the go to brand for people that 'collect' clothing.

Not that expensive if you manage to buy retail, and there's a reason it's one of the top streetwear brands. I guess the exclusivity does contribute to it but other brands do that too.
Original post by habeas.corpus
I very nearly bought an Antigona once. I was put off how everyone has one and I'm not that keen on the rigid and clunky shape!

Yeah, i've noticed loads of youtubers have a Antigona. Chloe bags are in atm :smile:
Original post by DarkEnergy
Not that expensive if you manage to buy retail, and there's a reason it's one of the top streetwear brands. I guess the exclusivity does contribute to it but other brands do that too.

what makes it a top streetwear brand? What exactly is unique and what makes it worth the money you pay for it? You certainly aren't getting something exclusive/unique, despite their best efforts I see it everywhere. Can the clothing hold on its own if you took the logo away?

I'm not a fan of streetwear to be honest. I wish brands like Stussy had stuck to their roots of beachwear. (But then brands like Stone Island?! Literally wtf)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh

Way more than double lol. Managed to get a peach hoodie for retail, resold for just under a grand.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
They're worthless :colonhash: - huge and impractical imo, slightly reminiscent of a kids toy :colonhash:

LMFAO :rofl: It's cute(my excuse to get it). I actually asked my friend's how much they think it costs. They said £5 . :colonhash:
Original post by saraxh
Yeah, i've noticed loads of youtubers have a Antigona. Chloe bags are in atm :smile:

Pfft, timeless clothing wins hands down :wink:
Pfft, timeless clothing wins hands down :wink:

But it's a nice bag :colondollar:
Original post by saraxh
LMFAO :rofl: It's cute(my excuse to get it). I actually asked my friend's how much they think it costs. They said £5 . :colonhash:

It does look that cheap ngl :lol:
Way more than double lol. Managed to get a peach hoodie for retail, resold for just under a grand.

Lucky. I want to buy a few things from Supreme but some people just sell it for such a high price ugh.
what makes it a top streetwear brand? What exactly is unique and what makes it worth the money you pay for it?

It's one of the OG brands in streetwear because of its longstanding history with the skateboarding sub-culture. The exclusivity certainly makes it highly coveted and drives up hype, combined with the fact that lots of famous people wear it, from musicians (not just rappers) and athletes to models. They've also had a lot of collabs (most of them being better than this one...) with other well-respected brands such as with The North Face, Stone Island, Playboy, Commes des Garcons, Champion, Levis, Air Jordans, Vans, Nike, etc which in turn has made them more popular.

I personally think it is worth the money I pay for it because I mostly buy retail, I don't think resell prices are worth it however. I know you could get similar quality stuff but without the logo for a lot cheaper, but basically you're just paying for the logo which I can acknowledge. Also not all of their clothes are just a big red box logo slapped on, they have lots of low-key stuff too.

But I guess that applies to most fashion brands. Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Armani, etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
It does look that cheap ngl :lol:

I think I looked at Etsy for similar designs to the Fendi monster but it was still expensive. :sad:
It's one of the OG brands in streetwear because of its longstanding history with the skateboarding sub-culture. The exclusivity certainly makes it highly coveted and drives up hype, combined with the fact that lots of famous people wear it, from musicians (not just rappers) and athletes to models. They've also had a lot of collabs (most of them being better than this one...) with other well-respected brands such as with The North Face, Stone Island, Playboy, Commes des Garcons, Champion, Levis, Air Jordans, Vans, Nike, etc which in turn has made them more popular.

I personally think it is worth the money I pay for it because I mostly buy retail, I don't think resell prices are worth it however. I know you could get similar quality stuff but without the logo for a lot cheaper, but basically you're just paying for the logo which I can acknowledge. Also not all of their clothes are just a big red box logo slapped on, they have lots of low-key stuff too.

But I guess that applies to most fashion brands. Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Armani, etc

And Clarks as well did a collab with Supreme. What's your opinion on Clarks btw? Long standing association with (real) rappers as well as gangs...?

Haha what sort of people wear it? Kanye? Drake; Supreme/North Face collab was disgusting!!

I think Thrasher is becoming really popular. I can see what the hype is about.
Haha what sort of people wear it? Kanye? Drake; Supreme/North Face collab was disgusting!!

Yeah. Kanye, Drake, Kid Cudi, Michael Jordan, Halsey, Neil Young, Tyler the Creator, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Frank Ocean, A$AP Rocky, Kate Moss, Lady Gaga, Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), Jonah Hill, Pharell, John Mayer, Nas, P. Diddy, and David Beckham to name a few.

Also you say that like there has only been one Supreme/TNF collab which makes me think you're just saying that for the sake of it. They've collaborated in 15 different seasons over ~10 years, so to simply say all collaborative pieces between them are disgusting is just ignorant imo.
Yeah. Kanye, Drake, Kid Cudi, Michael Jordan, Halsey, Neil Young, Tyler the Creator, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Frank Ocean, A$AP Rocky, Kate Moss, Lady Gaga, Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), Jonah Hill, Pharell, John Mayer, Nas, P. Diddy, and David Beckham to name a few.

Also you say that like there has only been one Supreme/TNF collab which makes me think you're just saying that for the sake of it. They've collaborated in 15 different seasons over ~10 years, so to simply say all collaborative pieces between them are disgusting is just ignorant imo.

I didn't know about Supreme 10 years ago.....I'd be very surprised if you did either.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest