The Student Room Group

Are any of you guys lost in life because I am?

Ever since I've started college, I've become depressed, I don't know why, maybe the lack of friends, but year 10 and year 11 were abit lonely for me as I lost my friends. But I think it's as you get older, you change. But I lost my friends at the start of year 10. When I was in year 8 or year 7, I wasn't lost in life but now I am, I'm wondering if as you get older, you start feeling stuff like this?
I avoid this by making a strong group of friends online as opposed to online. This way, I have a small group of friends who I can do talk to at home. Although I do still have fear of college. I'm slowly getting less interested in my current friends and for someone who sticks to them self and is anti-social I am anxious. Although I plan to use this to simply focus on school throughout my time in College and my year 11 exam's to go to a good university and achieve something greater than the average mediocre individual in my area.
It happened to me back in my college days.

I just focus on my ambitions and the people around me like my family.

What I did is found things I was interested in such as reading posts and posting on forums out of interest such as cricket, football and reading things on the internet which intrigued me.

Going to the gym and lifting weights, cardio also helped a lot.

You could try a new hobby, join social clubs or start doing things like taking long walks etc.
It happened to me, too. It is so difficult leaving home and starting in a new place, then you have to "find yourself" in a work identity and at the same time make new friends. Very difficult. It gets better if you persevere. I did it with no counseling, which would have helped.
I just hate college life.
I hate my life anyways
Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys are all in college I'm 25 and lost in life
Original post by mediaya
I just hate college life.
I hate my life anyways
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Little Popcorns
You guys are all in college I'm 25 and lost in life

Thats the spirit. :borat:
Reply 7
Original post by Fish40
Ever since I've started college, I've become depressed, I don't know why, maybe the lack of friends, but year 10 and year 11 were abit lonely for me as I lost my friends. But I think it's as you get older, you change. But I lost my friends at the start of year 10. When I was in year 8 or year 7, I wasn't lost in life but now I am, I'm wondering if as you get older, you start feeling stuff like this?

Op, I would advise you not to rely on friends to get on with life.
There's more to life than friendships.
Never depend on people for happiness, find your happiness within.
It's there, you just need to get to know yourself and reflect.
It does get better OP, all the best
Reply 8
Original post by Vanny17
Op, I would advise you not to rely on friends to get on with life.
There's more to life than friendships.
Never depend on people for happiness, find your happiness within.
It's there, you just need to get to know yourself and reflect.
It does get better OP, all the best

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I think for people who are depressed, Its because of the lack of emotion you have, you've tried to escape your emotion. When I started college, I had no friends and I was getting sad so to escape that pain, I pretended I didn't care and that's made me lose myself, but I do care deep down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fish40

I think this happens for a lot of people but in different ways. You start to realise how pointless the social anxiety of not fitting in at school is and it makes you feel lost but as you meet new people and have new experiences you start to find yourself, for real. If you were to compare me now to me from a year and a half ago I am almost a completely different person and my journey of self discovery only started last summer.

It will feel lonely at times and there's going to be days where you just sit there and literally do nothing productive but you need to try new things, think about what interests you and then do as much of that as possible. You'll realise what you love because you'll get this feeling. If anything, my most important bit of advice would be to not be scared. Fear is the only motivation you need to do stuff. Think to yourself, "I don't want to be scared anymore" and then go out and do whatever it is that scares you. For me I used to get nervous and shy meeting new people but I realised I would have to do it at uni so I should try and get good before that happens and in the weeks leading up to uni I met some of my best friends. Nike and Shia have the right idea:

Just do it.

(maybe they should do a collaboration to compete with Adidas' Yeezys?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Its ok. Im lost too.

Quick Reply

Latest