My AS result:
chem d
math a
phy a

My A2 result:
chem D
math B
phy B

I'm thinking of retaking Alevel again as I was sick that time. I think I could do better that I finally well.

I want to take medicine, that's why I'm determined to retake. The requirement is min 320 points. but I only got 260 points.

My question is, should I take all the 3 subjects? or only take chem?

and should I take A2 only or both AS and A2?

thank you! and pardon for my english.
The standards for medicine are high. The highest. So carefully consider if Med is right for you. I have no doubt that you can achieve the grades needed and circumstances prevented you from reaching your peak.

But after already experiencing how difficult A-Levels are, perhaps re-considering other options would be a good idea.

There's a lot of other really good options available with the subjects you have: Engineering, Sciences, and more.

However, if you do decide to keep Medicine as your goal, then ask Universities you are interested in if they would like you to have taken all your A-Levels in one year. Some do not accept grades taken in separate years.

:h: Good Luck
For medicine u should finish ur As/A-level in 2 years. If u retake one year i think most universities wouldnt accept you as an applicant.

Thats from what i know:smile: research about it and make the right decision!

Good luck!:h:
Reply 3
Original post by jz14
My AS result:
chem d
math a
phy a

My A2 result:
chem D
math B
phy B

I'm thinking of retaking Alevel again as I was sick that time. I think I could do better that I finally well.

I want to take medicine, that's why I'm determined to retake. The requirement is min 320 points. but I only got 260 points.

My question is, should I take all the 3 subjects? or only take chem?

and should I take A2 only or both AS and A2?

thank you! and pardon for my english.

You are unlikely to be succesful applying for medicine with retakes unless the universities accept your extenuating circumstances. Do you have medical records to confirm your illness?

And the D for AS-level Chemistry would also worry them too.

Lastly, they expect a very high standard of English for medicine applicants. If you are a non-UK applicant you may need to do IELTS.
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
You are unlikely to be succesful applying for medicine with retakes unless the universities accept your extenuating circumstances. Do you have medical records to confirm your illness?

And the D for AS-level Chemistry would also worry them too.

Lastly, they expect a very high standard of English for medicine applicants. If you are a non-UK applicant you may need to do IELTS.

sadly, I don't have anything to confirm my illness. I have severe eczema and insomnia at the same time. Couldn't focus at all.

I got B for GCSE English, is that ok?
Reply 5
Original post by jz14
sadly, I don't have anything to confirm my illness. I have severe eczema and insomnia at the same time. Couldn't focus at all.

I got B for GCSE English, is that ok?

Probably, may depend on specific universities - but realistically that's the least of your problems I'm afraid...

I suggest you look at alternative courses with, if medicine is still your ultimate objective, working towards Graduate Entry Medicine but that's also a VERY competitive route.
Reply 6
Original post by jneill
Probably, may depend on specific universities - but realistically that's the least of your problems I'm afraid...

I suggest you look at alternative courses with, if medicine is still your ultimate objective, working towards Graduate Entry Medicine but that's also a VERY competitive route.

I really like medicine, but I'll try to look at alternative courses because most people told me to do so. Thank you! ^^
Reply 7
After 3 years can I ask how things are going for you now? Are you applying to post grad medicine atm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending