The Student Room Group

Whats a service for an argument which you thought would never be argued?

Hi there, I'm just wondering if you can think of any services which you have never thought been put into an argument for being a bad thing, or services which just cause a large debate with no real answer.

Thanks.

Sorry if it was really confusing to understand haha.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SwampMagic

^This.
A service? Is this some Australian mumbo jumbo?
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
^This.

Haha wait I'm confused do you mean you don't get it?
Reply 4
Original post by retro_turtles
A service? Is this some Australian mumbo jumbo?

Hey how did you know I was Australian? And haha like a service like say public health service.
Reply 5

Correct.

You need to rephrase your question, and maybe give an example of what you are talking about.

it's utterly mystifying pal.
Hi there, I'm just wondering if you can think of any services which you have never thought been put into an argument for being a bad thing, or services which just cause a large debate with no real answer.

Thanks.

I get it. You're trying to think of a service provider like the NHS which is a good thing, but people may find ways to argue its not with no conclusive evidence or anything that proves their point, instead using their opinion?
Reply 8
Original post by cambio wechsel

Original post by jneill
Correct.

You need to rephrase your question, and maybe give an example of what you are talking about.

Alright, I'll give an example like public schooling, cause well I don't think anybody could argue that it is necessarily bad as not all parents are able to afford private schooling. (oh wait UK has different names I think you call then state schools, you know the school's run by government funding) but yeah alright that was also confusing but I hope it helped.
Reply 9
Original post by Rhythmical
I get it. You're trying to think of a service provider like the NHS which is a good thing, but people may find ways to argue its not with no conclusive evidence or anything that proves their point, instead using their opinion?

Mhm yeah pretty much except I'm trying to prove it is bad
Reply 10
Pretty sure TSR is a service for a lot of arguments.
Mhm yeah pretty much except I'm trying to prove it is bad

Alright, I'll give an example like public schooling, cause well I don't think anybody could argue that it is necessarily bad as not all parents are able to afford private schooling. (oh wait UK has different names I think you call then state schools, you know the school's run by government funding) but yeah alright that was also confusing but I hope it helped.

Ah yes I get it. It also reminds me of how many people like online shopping but there are some that oppose it as it causes high street businesses and retailers to lose profit as people are less inclined to shop outside of their own home for the convenience of the internet and how it's easy to buy something versus in real life.
Original post by cambio wechsel

Your Flat Eric avatar made me glad I visited this thread.
What have you done to our beautiful language?
Hey how did you know I was Australian? And haha like a service like say public health service.

You told me agesss ago plus your profile has the flag :lol:
Reply 16
Original post by Drewski
What have you done to our beautiful language?

Umm nothing I mean I just can't think of how to word it, I agree though I don't think I have ever seen worse English.

Ah yes I get it. It also reminds me of how many people like online shopping but there are some that oppose it as it causes high street businesses and retailers to lose profit as people are less inclined to shop outside of their own home for the convenience of the internet and how it's easy to buy something versus in real life.

Yeha yeah like that.

Original post by UWS
Pretty sure TSR is a service for a lot of arguments.

Well truee I guess it is haha

Original post by retro_turtles
You told me agesss ago plus your profile has the flag :lol:

Wow and you remember all this time and I guess it does have a flag but but like would you to all the effort to look at my profile? Haha
Am I the only one who understands this lol
Am I the only one who understands this lol

Wut? :curious:

Quick Reply

Latest