The Student Room Group

Seeing my ucas reference (data protection) details?

Okay so just a quick one. I feel I understand how I can get a copy of my ucas's aplication from my school, ucas's or unis themselves my one question is this

If I apply to have a copy of my reference sent out will my college or the person who wrote this reference be informed I have requested a copy or that I've seen it?

(I'm going through a grievance procedure with my teacher at the moment)

Many thanks
Sorry for not having an answer - just that I would also like to see my reference. I left my application REALLY LATE (like 15th January late :tongue:) and haven't seen my ref yet.

Would be nice to see what was said by a music teacher who has just taken up post of Head of UCAS at my sixth-form, a massive role at our grammar school especially since the best one ever just stepped down (why fate, why? :argh:).
I am unknown to him, so I have no idea what he could've said about my personality and whatnot. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Jow97
Okay so just a quick one. I feel I understand how I can get a copy of my ucas's aplication from my school, ucas's or unis themselves my one question is this

If I apply to have a copy of my reference sent out will my college or the person who wrote this reference be informed I have requested a copy or that I've seen it?

(I'm going through a grievance procedure with my teacher at the moment)

Many thanks

No they won't.

Original post by BrainyBengali
Sorry for not having an answer - just that I would also like to see my reference. I left my application REALLY LATE (like 15th January late ) and haven't seen my ref yet.

Would be nice to see what was said by a music teacher who has just taken up post of Head of UCAS at my sixth-form, a massive role at our grammar school especially since the best one ever just stepped down (why fate, why? ).

I am unknown to him, so I have no idea what he could've said about my personality and whatnot.

You can request it from UCAS at a cost of £10.

See the end of this page:
http://help.ucas.com/contract13/index.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I never saw my reference until four years later when everybody's on the course turned up in a pile of scrap paper and we all had a hoot reading them...
Do UCAS keep details of your application for up to a few years later ? What I mean is, if you applied and were rejected everywhere, then decided to apply to uni four or five years later, would they have kept all the information from your previous application? Not necessarily your PS and Reference, but would they be aware you had applied previously, or is all info previously held on you wiped and it would be a completely new application from scratch with them holding no records of the applicant?
Original post by markova21
Do UCAS keep details of your application for up to a few years later ? What I mean is, if you applied and were rejected everywhere, then decided to apply to uni four or five years later, would they have kept all the information from your previous application? Not necessarily your PS and Reference, but would they be aware you had applied previously, or is all info previously held on you wiped and it would be a completely new application from scratch with them holding no records of the applicant?

Every cycle you have to start your application from scratch.

But UCAS do store old applications on their systems for around 5 years (maybe more).
Original post by PQ
Every cycle you have to start your application from scratch.

But UCAS do store old applications on their systems for around 5 years (maybe more).

OK, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending