The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saracen's Fez
I second this. There will be stuff you miss out on if you don't have Facebook, I can all but guarantee.

I hate facebook with a passion but I've brought my profile back to life purely to make sure I have a way to keep contact with people I just meet there/socs etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Infested
Congrats!! :biggrin: Have you been thinking you were rejected all this while then? This must have been the best surprise ever.. :h:

Which college is underwriting your offer??

Thanks! :smile: When the letter arrived it thought it would be my rejection letter. Jesus college is underwriting my offer.
Original post by Student1256
Were you reinterviewed? Only explanation why it took so long for them to reply

Yeah I had pool interviews at Selwyn
Original post by Bunratty
So nice to have a positive outcome at the end of a long struggle. I think that you are probably twice as happy as those who get an offer when it is expected. Tip for life - always expect the worse, then generally it turns out better.

Congratulations!

Yeah after 4 interviews and a rejection it feels twice as better getting an offer :smile: great life tip!
Offer from Durham! Thank the Lord, I don't have to go through the Oxbridge application process all over again!

That's me over and out on this thread.

Farewell :smile:
Original post by Oh the Byrony!
Offer from Durham! Thank the Lord, I don't have to go through the Oxbridge application process all over again!

:smile:

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I second this. There will be stuff you miss out on if you don't have Facebook, I can all but guarantee.

Such as?
Original post by Oh the Byrony!

See you at Durham if Results Day doesn't give me what I want/need :biggrin: unless i super duper mess up lol
Original post by Obiejess
I hate facebook with a passion but I've brought my profile back to life purely to make sure I have a way to keep contact with people I just meet there/socs etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good call.

Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Such as?

Many events and societies in Cambridge operate completely or almost entirely over Facebook, so some events are only publicised there.
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Such as?

Many clubs/societies and JCR and other student organisations use Facebook as their communication method between members, too.
I have a question. For the college fee status form you have to complete for cambridge what do they mean exactly for country of residence? Should I put that I went to the us just for a month to do a summer uni course? or should I just put my country of residence in europe where I always live?
thanks!
Reply 5971
Original post by lucabaluca2012
I have a question. For the college fee status form you have to complete for cambridge what do they mean exactly for country of residence? Should I put that I went to the us just for a month to do a summer uni course? or should I just put my country of residence in europe where I always live?
thanks!

Where you live.
Original post by alow
Where you live.

in italy
Reply 5973
in italy

That's nice.
thanks!

Country of residence means where you have a permanent address, usually where your family home is. Being in a foreign country for a month on summer school, etc. Is not quite 'residence.' I assume you were there on a tourist visa rather than on a proper residence permit like Workers Visa or Student Visa, right?
What if I live outside of Europe because my dad was dispatched to different countries (I've been abroad for 6 years). I'm a European citizen though and his dispatch is only temporary, thus living abroad is also temporary. Would I be classified as an overseas student solely because I haven't resided in Europe these past few years? How is that my fault -.-
Original post by timb1999
What if I live outside of Europe because my dad was dispatched to different countries (I've been abroad for 6 years). I'm a European citizen though and his dispatch is only temporary, thus living abroad is also temporary. Would I be classified as an overseas student solely because I haven't resided in Europe these past few years? How is that my fault -.-

I've been living outside of the EU because of my dad's temporary employment for 6 years as well and I got an offer as a home student. You're a home student as long as you can prove that your dad's abroad employment is temporary (they usually ask for the employment contract) and that you frequently come back to your home in the EU and pay bills there. At least that's what I sent to them and that was enough to regard me as home for fee purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by platelet
I've been living outside of the EU because of my dad's temporary employment for 6 years as well and I got an offer as a home student. You're a home student as long as you can prove that your dad's abroad employment is temporary (they usually ask for the employment contract) and that you frequently come back to your home in the EU and pay bills there. At least that's what I sent to them and that was enough to regard me as home for fee purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! Yeah that's what I found on the UKCISA website as well. I mean we still pay taxes in Germany and go there every summer and winter because we have a house. I've sent the employment contract as well. When I got my offer it was as an overseas student. I appealed though so hopefully it should work. Thanks again!
Original post by timb1999
Thanks!! Yeah that's what I found on the UKCISA website as well. I mean we still pay taxes in Germany and go there every summer and winter because we have a house. I've sent the employment contract as well. When I got my offer it was as an overseas student. I appealed though so hopefully it should work. Thanks again!

Yeah you should be home as the UKCISA website says. Hope it works out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alvarezd1
Cambridge why do you play with my emotions?! I received an Open Offer for law at Cambridge even after being rejected by Selwyn. I'm so happy! :biggrin:

How did that happen? Did they just email you or was it a strange UCAS thing?

Latest

Trending

Trending