The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniilS
If you wish to stay true to your name:

"I will accept this offer"

Darn, I've sent the email already but I guess I have a reputation to uphold. If I miss the offer in the summer I'll email Admissions with "I will be there in October". They'll be quaking in their boots like those on the Oxford thread.
Original post by carpenoctem
Darn, I've sent the email already but I guess I have a reputation to uphold. If I miss the offer in the summer I'll email Admissions with "I will be there in October". They'll be quaking in their boots like those on the Oxford thread.

:lol:
Original post by k.russell
why is that? I mean isn't it just for your id card thingy? my glasses are really wonky in mine lol

Yeh u use hat for bare **** though
Reply 883
Original post by physicsmaths

**** den

l o l
do cambridge do fresher's week?
Reply 886
Original post by lethani-af
do cambridge do fresher's week?

Closer to 4 days.
Original post by Zacken
"All EU students are entitled to apply for a tuition fee loan from the UK Government. Even if you do not wish to take up this offer of a loan you are still required to go through the application process in order to receive the Cambridge Bursary.

"As EU students would not normally undergo a means test as part of this process you must complete an EU16B form which will be sent to you by the Student Loans Company once you have completed your application for the tuition fee loan."

"Most UK students do not need to apply separately for the Cambridge Bursary, you will be automatically assessed by the Student Loans Company as part of your application for student Finance from the UK Government."

So basically what jneill said...

Thanks for the full answer zacken.

However, that is not what jneill said. Quote "they need details of household income and that's not provided if you only apply for the tuition loan."

He is right for UK applicants, but for EU they can and do "only apply for a tuition fee loan" but must fill in EU16B, which shows means, to get the bursary.
(edited 7 years ago)
When asked for 'proof' of grades achieved, are copies/pdfs of certificates acceptable?
Trust me mate, ur so screwed if its ****ed up hahaha

S***

I had a really bad haircut too and the angle ain't great... Oh well...let's hope I don't need to take it out too often
Original post by Xphoenix
S***

I had a really bad haircut too and the angle ain't great... Oh well...let's hope I don't need to take it out too often

Well, you'll need to use it to buy food in hall. And at King's, we use it to unlock our rooms. And we have to show it everytime we go through King's gate. And unlock various doors in college, including library, and use it to borrow books, and etc... you'll take it out a fair bit. :tongue:
Original post by Bunratty
When asked for 'proof' of grades achieved, are copies/pdfs of certificates acceptable?

I think they're interested in the UMS breakdowns so you need to send them a scan of a sheet with ur unit scores in it. If you haven't got something like that then maybe ask for a new one from school
Reply 892

Original post by k.russell
I think they're interested in the UMS breakdowns so you need to send them a scan of a sheet with ur unit scores in it. If you haven't got something like that then maybe ask for a new one from school

No this is probably asking for the certificates rather than just the UMS breakdown.

@Bunratty a scan is fine but it needs to be signed / stamped by someone at your school to certify it's a true copy of the original. So usually you'd photocopy the certificate, get the copy signed, then scan and send it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
No this is probably asking for the certificates rather than just the UMS breakdown.

@Bunratty a scan is fine but it needs to be signed / stamped by someone at your school to certify it's a true copy of the original. So usually you'd photocopy the certificate, get it signed, then scan and send it.

I left the school where some of these A-levels were taken 3 years ago 😶

I wouldn't be surprised if they still have them :smile: I got my GCSE certificates from my school in October 2016 when I sat them in May 2014
Reply 895

Do you have the original certificates?
I (well my now ex hubby) picked up my 'O' level certificates from my old high school in the early 90's.... I sat them in 1986!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Selwyn sent me a letter apologising that they didn't have enough space and congratulating me/any candidate that got an offer via the winter pool

Very nice of them :h:

Totally agree with those sentiments, my daughter received the same letter, a nice touch I think.
Original post by Zacken
Well, you'll need to use it to buy food in hall. And at King's, we use it to unlock our rooms. And we have to show it everytime we go through King's gate. And unlock various doors in college, including library, and use it to borrow books, and etc... you'll take it out a fair bit. :tongue:

Looks like I'm not eating in hall... or borrowing books or leaving my room 😂😂 don't need to unlock doors if I'm not using them

Joking... oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lordcavendish
Totally agree with those sentiments, my daughter received the same letter, a nice touch I think.

Yeah hadn't heard back from my original college but I assumed that they didn't need to write/email back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending