The Student Room Group

Should Nigel Farage be knighted?

He is kind of a true patriot and a hero if you watch this video he has been fighting for this country for over twenty years

[video="youtube;OK376_SIxAQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK376_SIxAQ&t=1210s[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why not? An empty and vacuous title for an empty and vacuous man.
Original post by Dez
Why not? An empty and vacuous title for an empty and vacuous man.

not vacuous a deeply intelligent committed principled and patriotic man
All I gathered from that video was his face was just as punchable in 1993 as it was in 2015.
I'm going to go along with Outcome Bias here - if Brexit goes well & and UK continues to thrive then I'd be open to it even if I'm not exactly his biggest fan.
:facepalm:
Reply 6
Original post by karl pilkington
not vacuous a deeply intelligent committed principled and patriotic man

A greedy and snobbish man, who cares very little for the "common man" he takes great pains to pretend to be on par with. Like all politicians, he is an unprincipled liar, happy to bend or fabricate the truth to meet his own ends whenever necessary. So in other words, perfect OBE material. :colonhash:
He's helped achieve a winning result of a yes or no option poll. That's really it! Why not wait ten years and see if any of his predictions come true. We're still in the EU and still without a plan as to what's going to happen when we leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes sir. Stop knighting 'celebrities' and give this man a knighthood and a position at the negotiating table in the upcoming US-UK talks. Keep the grey-haired woman away...
Original post by Dez
A greedy and snobbish man, who cares very little for the "common man" he takes great pains to pretend to be on par with. Like all politicians, he is an unprincipled liar, happy to bend or fabricate the truth to meet his own ends whenever necessary. So in other words, perfect OBE material. :colonhash:

Literally PRSOM. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Yes he should. He is the person behind the biggest British political event in decades. Plus he has inspired many to help take our country back from the immigrants and the PC brigade.
You're 100% correct... why people like Andy Murray is Knighted is beyond me. I mean I don't know everything he has said and done so I cannot comment on whether he should be. But in today's environment being patriotic is considered being racist. I mean a guy opened a store in the UK called 'Very British' or something similar and he had multiple complaints and threats because it was deemed as racist... all it sold was British related food/items (pretty sure he got shut down).

He'd have more luck getting knighted by saying lets build bridges and allow mass immigration.
(edited 7 years ago)
In the future, if Brexit promises live up to the hype and we are in a significantly stronger position then we were while in the EU, then yeah, I think he should.
Given that is is thus far unknown as to whether or not Brexit will bring economic boon or destruction to the country (or a slow decline), I think we're best off waiting to see what happens first.

On a personal note, I detest the man, so I'd be naturally inclined to say no :u:
Original post by James385
I mean a guy opened a store in the UK called 'Very British' or something similar and he had multiple complaints and threats because it was deemed as racist... all it sold was British related food/items (pretty sure he got shut down).

Got a link to this story?
Ah yes, the privately educated ex-broker "man of the people" extraordinaire MEP that campaigned to leave the EU. He hates it so much, yet still takes his hefty salary as an MEP, because why just stab them in the back when you can exploit them at the same time?! What a principled and incredible man. Of course, there isn't one person on the planet that deserves it more. Arise, Sir Nigel Farage. I know he's a man of the people because he smokes cigarettes and drinks beer. He's just like the rest of us!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Lord Farage of Schengen has a certain ring to it :h:
Yes thats my bae <3

He should even collect his prize (me)

Quick Reply

Latest