The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Why is Sheffield dragging their feet???

Of all the five Universities I have applied for, and Sheffield Hallam being one, I have had offers from them all but nothing from here!! Why are they taking so long??? I want to apply to another university for accommodation but can't yet til Sheffield have replied!!!Can I withdraw my application from here???
Original post by Dustfinger
Of all the five Universities I have applied for, and Sheffield Hallam being one, I have had offers from them all but nothing from here!! Why are they taking so long??? I want to apply to another university for accommodation but can't yet til Sheffield have replied!!!Can I withdraw my application from here???

Hey dustfinger,

We apologise that Hallam is keeping you back from applying for accommodation. What course have you applied for and when did you apply?

It completely depends on the course, how many people have applied and what space there is, but I can find out some more information for you if you can give me some more details.

Do you want to withdraw your application? If you really want to, you can but these things can take a while and it's not a universal process between universities so not everyone replies at the same time.

Laura
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey dustfinger,

We apologise that Hallam is keeping you back from applying for accommodation. What course have you applied for and when did you apply?

It completely depends on the course, how many people have applied and what space there is, but I can find out some more information for you if you can give me some more details.

Do you want to withdraw your application? If you really want to, you can but these things can take a while and it's not a universal process between universities so not everyone replies at the same time.

Laura

Sorry if you've got this message twice !!! I applied in December, the course is Early Childhood Studies!! Thanks again!!!
Reply 3
My son is having the same issue he applied in December aswell hes had offers from all 4 of the 5 universities hes applied to hallam.being the only one left not to respond? Hes starting to panic alittle as hallam is his first choice hes applied for sports coaching
Reply 4
Original post by 4montrose
My son is having the same issue he applied in December aswell hes had offers from all 4 of the 5 universities hes applied to hallam.being the only one left not to respond? Hes starting to panic alittle as hallam is his first choice hes applied for sports coaching

I know, it's a complete nightmare!!! I want to choose Liverpool as my first choice so want to apply for accommodation asap!!! I'm just worried that I won't get the accommodation I want!!!
Reply 5
Hope you get sorted soon best of luck :smile:
Sorry if you've got this message twice !!! I applied in December, the course is Early Childhood Studies!! Thanks again!!!

OK we've just spoken to Admissions who have said they're trying to work through the applications as fast as possible, but they can offer you further advice if you can provide your student number (it will be on the e-mail communications you get from us).

You can either ring them on 0114 225 5555 and ask for the Admissions team for Early Childhood Studies and they will help you out.
Or if you want to DM us your student ID, we'll look into it for you.

Laura
Reply 7
Wow, being rude to the university that you've applied for is a bit silly don't you think?
Reply 8
Original post by 4montrose

Unis have until May to reply, although they're encouraged to reply by March. So even though you think it's been too long, it really hasn't - they've had Christmas holidays, and a lot of applications due to the January 15th deadline. And it really, really doesn't mean you've been unsuccessful - if that was the case they would have reviewed the application and sent the rejection at that point.

There is no advantage to replying to your offers this early. All it does it limit your options for if you do change your mind. Unis don't allocate accommodation this early, because some applicants haven't even got their offers yet.
Reply 9
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
OK we've just spoken to Admissions who have said they're trying to work through the applications as fast as possible, but they can offer you further advice if you can provide your student number (it will be on the e-mail communications you get from us).

You can either ring them on 0114 225 5555 and ask for the Admissions team for Early Childhood Studies and they will help you out.
Or if you want to DM us your student ID, we'll look into it for you.

Laura

Thanks for all your help!!! As of Saturday they've finally offered me a place!!!! I can now go ahead with my accommodation!!! Thank you 😊 once again!!
Original post by AshEntropy
Wow, being rude to the university that you've applied for is a bit silly don't you think?

Agree my impression was rude and impatient. They could have chase it up in a lot more civil and less whiney manner.
Thanks for all your help!!! As of Saturday they've finally offered me a place!!!! I can now go ahead with my accommodation!!! Thank you 😊 once again!!

Wahoo! Great news Dustfinger. Glad it's sorted and you can start looking at accommodation.

Liverpool JM look like they've got some lovely places to choose from, so we're sure you'll find a nice home! When it comes to applying for accommodation for your insurance choice, let us know if you have any questions. Hannah and I both lived in Hallam halls when we studied here. :smile:

Laura
Reply 12
Original post by 999tigger
Agree my impression was rude and impatient. They could have chase it up in a lot more civil and less whiney manner.

I don't give a rats ass what you both think!!! So kneb out!!!! 😂
Reply 13
Original post by AshEntropy

Nah mate, didn't think I was rude at all!! Just asking a civil enough question!! And I really don't give a rats ass what you think!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending