The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k_popper
Tbh they're very friendly and responsive. And there are students in the waiting area who talk to you so it really helps you calm down. Idk how much I'm allowed to say about the interview but I think they focus more on you as a person.

That's good to hear! Hopefully, it went well for you! Mine is in 2 weeks time and I'm just freaking out.
Original post by ell57
Got my interview on the 27th, has anyone got any tips on how to prepare? I don't want to overthink it but would rather not be a confused mess when I get there :smile:

Hey,

Do you mean the 27th of this month, as in Friday? If so, me too!
Reply 1082
Original post by WC7867
Hey,

Yeah this Friday! Mines at 3:25, what time is yours?
Original post by crystalni
My advice would be to sit down by yourself with a piece of paper and just write down, even in bullet points, the first things that come to mind when you ask yourself what made you want to do medicine. Don't overthink, don't worry about your points sounding "cliche" or "generic", just clear your mind and get it down. After you do get it down, you can make your points juicier by adding your own experiences. You don't have to have had a life changing experience to be passionate about pursuing a career in medicine; just think about the things that make YOU want medicine so badly. I think you're right in that it's quite a personal answer, so really nobody else can tell you what to say or it just won't sound genuine! After you've figured out your own reasons you can then practice and structure your answer with others :smile:

Hope this helped :smile:

Thank You! :biggrin:
Original post by ell57

It's at 9:50am (I know, so early!) Good luck though! To answer your earlier question, to prepare, I've been reading through the ISC Medical Book, and practising answers to questions, going over my PS and work experience, and re-reading the article and researching possible discussion points. I've also researched Barts course structure, medical ethics and current topical issues.

Hope this helped and good luck again!
Reply 1085
Original post by WC7867
It's at 9:50am (I know, so early!) Good luck though! To answer your earlier question, to prepare, I've been reading through the ISC Medical Book, and practising answers to questions, going over my PS and work experience, and re-reading the article and researching possible discussion points. I've also researched Barts course structure, medical ethics and current topical issues.

Hope this helped and good luck again!

Thank you so much!! Good luck to you too!!
Original post by k_popper
They told me not to worry if I don't hear from them for a while because they said they can take up till February to March to give out their decisions. Don't worry. There is really no point in being anxious once the interview is over.

Another question... how long was the interview?
Original post by song_han
Thank you so much ^^ are you also applying? If so I wish you the best of luck!

Yep I had my interview today actually lol thanks :biggrin:
bit random but are you korean by any chance?
Reply 1088
Original post by juliethecool
Oh right. My interview date didn't change. Did you ask for it to be rescheduled?

Sorry my bad misread what you wrote, yup i did
Original post by WC7867
Hey,

Me too!!
How much of the interview is on the article? is it mostly about me or mostly a discussion? I'm a bit confused how they use the article. Thanks :smile:
Original post by hanbubs98
Me too!!

Me four!
Original post by hanbubs98
Me too!!

Ah really? What time? How's your prep going?
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Me four!

Ah cool! Morning or afternoon?
Original post by WC7867
Ah cool! Morning or afternoon?

13:55 , I didn't go to school to practice lol
Reply 1095
Anyone else about to have their interview now? Or gonna have their interview in like the next hour
(edited 7 years ago)
13:55 , I didn't go to school to practice lol

Mines at 9:50.

Same here! Wanted to get a bit of last minute prep in. How's it going?
how did everyone find the interviews so far? I'm really worried about mine
Mine's on friday at 3:25!! We'll look out for each other :wink:
Original post by ell57
Me four!

mines at 2:20 whens yours?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending