The Student Room Group

does anybody take/took english language A level????

could you give me some tips to get at least a B
Original post by klassicjoe

@Rhythmical is taking it at the moment and did well in her AS last year, she should be able to help.

I take the subject and got a B at AS last year. I would say maximise your potential and aim higher. What is it that you find difficult so then I can identify what you may want more help in and can give you tips that I find work for me.
Reply 3
Original post by Rhythmical
I take the subject and got a B at AS last year. I would say maximise your potential and aim higher. What is it that you find difficult so then I can identify what you may want more help in and can give you tips that I find work for me.

the thing is that i don't know what to study because i don't have a teacher is there a book that could help me and what should i exactly study
the thing is that i don't know what to study because i don't have a teacher is there a book that could help me and what should i exactly study

What exam board are you taking because I do AQA English Language B and I have a book with all my specification content so it's worth knowing if you follow Edexcel, OCR or AQA before I tell you what to revise.
Reply 5
What exam board are you taking because I do AQA English Language B and I have a book with all my specification content so it's worth knowing if you follow Edexcel, OCR or AQA before I tell you what to revise.

it's definitely not edexcel it's cambridge
it's definitely not edexcel

Is it AQA then?
Reply 7
Is it AQA then?

it's cambridge
it's cambridge

http://www.cie.org.uk/Images/164594-2016-2018-syllabus.pdf

This might help you as it covers the content you need to revise but also shows what exactly you will be covering.
Reply 9
Check the mark schemes and annotate them
Get a revision book (these are really really helpful!!) - CGP books are great
Start revising now
make essays and give them to your teacher to mark or someone in your class

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending