The Student Room Group

Hsbc work experience 2017

Hey, has anyone applied for the HSBC Work Experience Programme for summer 2017?

I have completed all the online stuff, including the online assessment. They have emailed me saying that I should expect to hear back in early January for further updates (ie. Have I made the telephone interview stage).

I was wondering, has anyone heard any response? Since it's now not 'early January'...

I'm stressed that I won't get the placement which leaves me struggling to find work experience for summer as it will be too late.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
me; havent heard anything
Nope, i haven't heard anything back either
Reply 4
Yeah they got around to it pretty quickly.
I submitted the online application on the 8th and they replied asking me to do the online assessment on the 13th and now I've got a telephone interview on 23rd.
Maybe you should call them up or send an e-mail to HR that covers work experience because I really doubt that you failed the online assessment.
Good Luck
Hey,

Yeah I applied on the day it opened, did the online assessment in early December, just got the telephone interview invite a few days ago and booked for the interview for the 25th of January! And for me, it showed up on their online application portal thing, like it says Assessment Completed and then changed to Online Assessment Passed for me, and also showed me how I did on it, theres a few categories like bad fit, ok fit, good fit, and excellent fit, I got OK but I honestly don't think HSBC overly care much about this. Good luck!

Anyone applied to the London region?
Original post by HarryGCSE
Hey, has anyone applied for the HSBC Work Experience Programme for summer 2017?

I have completed all the online stuff, including the online assessment. They have emailed me saying that I should expect to hear back in early January for further updates (ie. Have I made the telephone interview stage).

I was wondering, has anyone heard any response? Since it's now not 'early January'...

I'm stressed that I won't get the placement which leaves me struggling to find work experience for summer as it will be too late.

Have you applied to the BAML London insight day?
Original post by azizadil1998
Have you applied to the BAML London insight day?

Bro you know you're increasing the total number of applicants (hence the number of people you're competing against) by posting stuff like this, right?
Original post by Harold98
Bro you know you're increasing the total number of applicants (hence the number of people you're competing against) by posting stuff like this, right?

Scared of a little competition?
Original post by Calumjacko

No, I'm at university so not applying for insight days but I'm just saying, it's kind of a stupid thing to do
Original post by Harold98

I've already applied to the one I wanna do (same event in Chester) since I'm not here for the London one 😂 That's why I posted that lol. The best ones I don't tell anyone anyways :P BAML is already so well known
Original post by h.rv
Yeah they got around to it pretty quickly.
I submitted the online application on the 8th and they replied asking me to do the online assessment on the 13th and now I've got a telephone interview on 23rd.
Maybe you should call them up or send an e-mail to HR that covers work experience because I really doubt that you failed the online assessment.
Good Luck

How'd the telephone interview go?
How'd the telephone interview go?

I guess he died after it?
I guess he died after it?

Seems so, have you had yours yet?
Seems so, have you had yours yet?

Tomorrow mate. 5pm. THE TIME IS COMING lol. I'm not sure what they're gonna ask but I just had a look at their values and am gonna think up of some examples according to that.. when is yours?
Tomorrow mate. 5pm. THE TIME IS COMING lol. I'm not sure what they're gonna ask but I just had a look at their values and am gonna think up of some examples according to that.. when is yours?

Yeah, judging from their 'online assessment' it can't be that hard.
The deadline for the south is 29th Jan so still waiting on mine
Yeah, judging from their 'online assessment' it can't be that hard.
The deadline for the south is 29th Jan so still waiting on mine

Yeah lol. I think im as ready as i can be. good luck!
It's retail banking, just to make SN ire you guys know that has nothing to do with investment banking :smile:
Original post by Ladbants
It's retail banking, just to make SN ire you guys know that has nothing to do with investment banking :smile:

retail and commercial:smile: depending on which one's available it says.. and you made that clear in the insight day threat didn't you? ahah
retail and commercial:smile: depending on which one's available it says.. and you made that clear in the insight day threat didn't you? ahah

Lol my cousin did commercial last year, he literally just served as a Chaucer type kinda guy doing customer service for no pay
I'd rather just get a part time job, you do the same stuff but you get paid

It's just that I feel that they're scamming people in a way because people associate it with investment banking and therefore apply to it thinking it's going to help towards that, but they instead work you hard doing boring work for free
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending