The Student Room Group

Jane Eyre York Notes: AS&A2 or Advanced

I've been looking to purchase the York Notes to Jane Eyre as I'm studying it for A-levels next year and want to get ahead. However, I have noticed that there are two copies- advanced and as&a2 . I am aware that the advanced notes are for alevel and it is just down to the publication date and re-formatting of the books etc but has anyone got a preference or is there any profound difference (i.e more info in one rather than the other etc)?

Also, is there any specific copy of the actual text (Jane Eyre) that is preferred or found to be better (i.e penguin classics)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I had the one for AS&A2 by Karen Sayer and that was really really helpful. It isn't too over-complicated but gives great techniques and information you wouldn't necessarily think of so I'd recommend that one. As for the actual novel, I don't think it matters what one you get but just to let you know you can get an app where you can read the novel on the go, just type in Jane Eyre on the App Store :smile:
Original post by georgia.roberts
I had the one for AS&A2 by Karen Sayer and that was really really helpful. It isn't too over-complicated but gives great techniques and information you wouldn't necessarily think of so I'd recommend that one. As for the actual novel, I don't think it matters what one you get but just to let you know you can get an app where you can read the novel on the go, just type in Jane Eyre on the App Store :smile:

Thank you this has helped a lot😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending