The Student Room Group

President Snowflake to launch investigation into "voter fraud".

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Act like a cock all you want, the fact (and you might want to look up what that word means, I'm not sure you know) remains that there's no evidence whatsoever of any significant (IE, more than 4 or 5 instances) voter fraud taking place in the US. Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree on that as well. As do the independent bodies set up to oversee such things.

So, I ask again;

Prove it.

Does your mummy know you use language like that when she allows you computer time?
Original post by WBZ144
He won the election, but is still too insecure to get over the fact that he lost the popular vote.

Nobody who is sensible and sane cares about the popular vote: it is irrelevant. The system is designed to allow the states to elect the president, not the people.

He is right to investigate as it appears as if a foreign state has interfered in the election. That is verging on being an act of war.
Original post by joecphillips
Isn't that what this investigation is for? To prove whether this has happened

Trump is saying it has happened.

Everybody else is saying it didn't and that its impossible for it to have happened on the scale that's implied.

There is zero evidence for anything having happened.

This is akin to holding an investigation to see if the moon really is in the pond. Or to seeing if alchemy is a real science. Or proving the world is flat. These are the cries of a deeply deranged and disturbed individual who can't accept that someone got more votes than he did despite the fact he legitimately won anyway.
Original post by joe cooley
Does your mummy know you use language like that when she allows you computer time?

It's ok, your mum gave me permission to.

Orders investigation into suspected crime.

For a crime to be suspected there has to be evidence.

Where's the evidence?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dima-Blackburn

That patriotic eagle knows what's what.
Original post by Drewski

Everybody else is saying it didn't and that its impossible for it to have happened on the scale that's implied.

There is zero evidence for anything having happened.

I'm not so sure. Obama obviously thinks something happened, or he wouldn't have done this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/barack-obama-sanctions-russia-election-hack

He landed his job because he won an election fair and square, won i may add under the system that has been in place since the first ever US election.(99% sure about that)

You've just completely contradicted yourself.

Was the election rigged/fraudulent or not? Was the election "fair and square" or was it not?
Original post by Good bloke
I'm not so sure. Obama obviously thinks something happened, or he wouldn't have done this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/barack-obama-sanctions-russia-election-hack

Not the same thing. That's alleged interference with the election by releasing information to sway voters.

Trump is talking about millions of votes being cast illegally.

He suspects a crime, but there is no evidence of a crime. You cannot suspect something without evidence....Unless you're paranoid.
OMG!

A human being that changes his mind about something after it benefits him!!!!!!!

Totally unheard of in the entire history of mankind.

Have you told your mummy on him?

Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Delete your account.
Original post by Drewski
Not the same thing. That's alleged interference with the election by releasing information to sway voters.

Trump is talking about millions of votes being cast illegally.

He suspects a crime, but there is no evidence of a crime. You cannot suspect something without evidence....Unless you're paranoid.

It sounds like a second means of doing the same job to me: sway the voters and add a few more to the vote we want.

I'm not saying it was done, but all western nations would be foolish to ignore what Russia appears to be doing with its cyber warfare. Germany has been hacked, as have Ukraine and Estonia. Even WADA has been hacked by Russian state agents.

This is a non-party political issue; it is a realpolitik issue - a twenty-first century cold war, and very serious.

That was because Russia hacked the DNC, not because of voter fraud.
It sounds like a second means of doing the same job to me: sway the voters and add a few more to the vote we want.

I'm not saying it was done, but all western nations would be foolish to ignore what Russia appears to be doing with its cyber warfare. Germany has been hacked, as have Ukraine and Estonia. Even WADA has been hacked by Russian state agents.

This is a non-party political issue; it is a realpolitik issue - a twenty-first century cold war, and very serious.

You're talking about two completely different issues. One is Russian hacking of the DNC in order to acquire embarrassing / compromising material to release, and thus put their thumb on the scale to benefit Trump.

The other is Trump's bogus claim that millions of votes were cast by illegal immigrants, primarily based on his insecurity that he is viewed as lacking legitimacy both because he lost the popular vote and because Russia assisted him in getting elected.

If anything, if there was Russian hacking of the voting computers then it would have been done to assist Trump.

Curiously i can not recall any of the left wingers currently undergoing a meltdown, ever complaining about the broken electoral system in the US.

So you've never heard of the 2000 presidential election?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2000

And by saying, "I can not recall", how would you know if people had complained about it? You appear to know almost nothing about American history or politics. That's like someone who has been living alone in a cave for the last twenty years being told he smells by the first person he meets, and then saying "Well, I don't recall anyone complaining about it"
Original post by AlexanderHam
You've just completely contradicted yourself.

Was the election rigged/fraudulent or not? Was the election "fair and square" or was it not?

Sorry you seem a tad confused, don't worry i'm willing to take the time to explain it to you.

HE landed his job because he won an election fair and square.

Is not the same as:

THE election was fair and square.

With me so far,good!

Its a tricky concept but, one party may try to rig an election and still lose.

Although Hilary was more successful in rigging the Dem party nomination,yes?

It just goes to show, you can't rig em all.
It just goes to show, you can't rig any

Fixed that for you.

Still waiting, btw:
Orders investigation into suspected crime.

For a crime to be suspected there has to be evidence.

Where's the evidence?
Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Delete your account.

You wish.

But to be honest,I enjoy highlighting the left's lies and hypocrisy too much.
Trump's insecurity is so odd. First the claim that his inauguration was the most widely attended (despite a message that there's no way to verify it), and now this claim of millions of fraudulent votes with no evidence at all.
(edited 7 years ago)
So you've never heard of the 2000 presidential election?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2000

And by saying, "I can not recall", how would you know if people had complained about it? You appear to know almost nothing about American history or politics. That's like someone who has been living alone in a cave for the last twenty years being told he smells by the first person he meets, and then saying "Well, I don't recall anyone complaining about it"

Why thank you, i'd totally forgot about another election the left cried about losing.

Bit of a pattern emerging isn't there.
Original post by MrDystopia
Trump's insecurity is so odd. First the claim that his inauguration was the modt widely attended (despite a message that there's no way to verify it), and now this claim of millions of fraudulent votes with no evidence at all.

What's extra bizarre is that both points could be turned into political wins so easily.

He thinks there was voter fraud? "Guess what idiots, I'm so popular that even that didn't stop me! I win!"

The inauguration wasn't brilliantly attended? "Thanks to years of selling our economy off and losing jobs, the average American can't afford a trip to the Capitol, but they all watched on TV. I'll do such a good job on the economy that everybody will be able to afford to come to my second inaugural!"

Easy wins. Political capital increased, little bit of spin, but his arguments are plausible and would hit home with more people. No brainer.

Instead, he takes the paranoid route on both. It's crazy.
Why thank you, i'd totally forgot about another election the left cried about losing.

Bit of a pattern emerging isn't there.

This isn't an argument. The right have been crying about Obama for eight years, what's your point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending