The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Medicine Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poppyb787
the decisions that have come through are only for the nov/dec interview series, i believe january interviewees are informed of the outcome in march

oh right, congrats on your offer! and thats annoying for January interviewees
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Jackrosser97
oh right, congrats on your offer! and thats annoying for January interviewees

thank you! yeah, it's a bit strange the way they do things, especially as not all the nov/dec interviewees hear in jan - some have to wait until march - and birmingham are interviewing next week still!
Reply 82
If you look here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/med/medicine.aspx?OpenSection=EntryRequirements the threshold for contextual isn't that low - <80% 5A*-C inc English and Maths for GCSEs and a mid-C average at A-Level, so a lot of "good" comprehensive schools will still fall into that.
Original post by Zedna
If you look here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/med/medicine.aspx?OpenSection=EntryRequirements the threshold for contextual isn't that low - <80% 5A*-C inc English and Maths for GCSEs and a mid-C average at A-Level, so a lot of "good" comprehensive schools will still fall into that.

My school had considerably lower than this yet my offer is A*AA
Reply 84
Original post by livvy1505
My school had considerably lower than this yet my offer is A*AA

You have to meet both the A-Level school and GCSE school requirements though - is your A-Level school badly performing too?
Original post by Zedna
You have to meet both the A-Level school and GCSE school requirements though - is your A-Level school badly performing too?

My school AND college are wayyy above this performance and have around 90% getting thoose grades with 100% in a lot of subjects and i have an AAA offer
Reply 86
Let's hope I get a reply soon to the email I sent to stop all the speculation😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by clairebear101
My school AND college are wayyy above this performance and have around 90% getting thoose grades with 100% in a lot of subjects and i have an AAA offer

Haha who knows then :biggrin: University admissions work in mysterious ways....
Reply 88
No offers today? Still waiting on mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
just wondering, do we get to go to an offer holders' day?
Reply 90
Original post by L7416
just wondering, do we get to go to an offer holders' day?

They say courses with interviews won't have one
Original post by Iw1999
They say courses with interviews won't have one

i think youre right, they gave us a tour on interview day so wont hold separate offers day
Reply 92
Original post by MattJacks
i think youre right, they gave us a tour on interview day so wont hold separate offers day

aw damn, I didn't make it to the open day
do you think I'll have any other chances to see accommodation etc
Reply 93
Original post by L7416

You could go to the June open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L7416

there are open days this year that you could attend so yeah by all means
Reply 95
Original post by ssh555
Let's hope I get a reply soon to the email I sent to stop all the speculation😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get a reply to your email about the differing offers? My daughter has an AAA offer and yet her friend has an A*AA offer.
Reply 96
Original post by Debs25
Did you get a reply to your email about the differing offers? My daughter has an AAA offer and yet her friend has an A*AA offer.

No I haven't got a reply yet, might be better to ring and ask instead since that'd be faster.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Does anyone know if Birmingham will agree to an offer deferring for a year? Want to see a bit of the world before I'm caught up in the never ending conveyor belt.
I've got my offer letter and I'm a bit confused as to when we should start getting Hep B vaccinations. Should we start the course asap?
Yeah, I haven't had any and it says we need three rounds before we start..... fun times.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending