The Student Room Group

physics chemsitry biology a level

i plan on taking physics chemistry and biology as my three a level choices (cant do as levels) and then continuing to study either chemical engineering, medicine, biomedical science or chemistry is this a good combo or would i need maths?
Original post by MattDwyer
i plan on taking physics chemistry and biology as my three a level choices (cant do as levels) and then continuing to study either chemical engineering, medicine, biomedical science or chemistry is this a good combo or would i need maths?

You will need maths for any kind of engineering degree.
Reply 2
For chemical engineering you will need maths, it is the one subject you need everywhere. For chemistry, it depends. Most places are okay without, some places however do want it. I would say for medicine and biomedical science those subjects are fine. Chemistry, Maths and Biology would allow you to do all of your options I believe. (unless you plan on doing chemical engineering at Cambridge- they quite like you to have done either physics or further maths)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Glassapple
You will need maths for any kind of engineering degree.

would it work for the other options though i.e. chemistry or medicine
Original post by emduck
For chemical engineering you will need maths, it is the one subject you need everywhere. For chemistry, it depends. Most places are okay without, some places however do want it. I would say for medicine and biomedical science those subjects are fine. Chemistry, Maths and Biology would allow you to do all of your options I believe. (unless you plan on doing chemical engineering at Cambridge- they quite like you to have done either physics or further maths)

thanks this is really helpful!

Yes, but what's the point of taking physics without taking maths as well? Physics isn't meant to be a filler subject; you may as well just take maths instead.

Maths is needed for chemistry at the top unis. Use google.

You will 100% need maths for chemistry and chemical engineering

Quick Reply

Latest